Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Reusch 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 18:43
    Christian Reusch

Integrating Contour with Microsoft CRM

Hello,

I am just evaluating Contour and always get an error message, when creating the Web Service data source to access Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.

According to the adverts, it should be possible out of the box, but I cannot find any further information on the internet.

Can someone please provide an example?

Thx, Christian

• Michelle 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 14, 2014 @ 03:00
    Michelle

I would love to know this, too.  It's great to say it can do it, but an example would be nice.

• Dano 3 posts 52 karma points
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 05:31
    Dano

I'm at a similar point to Christian, above. I have a client who has purchased Contour on the basis that it does integrate with Microsoft CRM (the website here states 'Contour makes it easy to save your form entries on other databases such as SQL Server and Access. The program also easily integrates your data into systems such as Microsoft CRM or Salesforce via web services. For example, it only takes a few clicks to drag a table from another database and take it online.') 

Even attempting to use Microsoft's own development web services, they haven't been able to get past what seems to be a generic error - see below:

• Webservice does not exist
    • No services found at url

Has anyone successfully created a Contour Data Source using Microsoft Dynamics CRM? @timgeyssens - I'm hoping that you or someone else has the answer! :)

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 08, 2014 @ 13:26

@Dano, where can I find some more details on the available dev web services, would need one that writes data

Dec 09, 2014 @ 00:52
    Michelle

I don't believe that the CRM web services will ever succeed as they are a) WCF services, and b) use either claims-based or AD authentication. Delving into the Contour code, it's clear that it can only currently handle ASMX services.

So I created a simple ASMX web service that wrapped up my CRM calls. Contour can now create a data source using this service however I am now stuck on retrieving fields to render in a form. Are there specific data types that Contour expects the fields to be in?

• Michael Sims 119 posts 387 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 17:48
    Michael Sims

Hi Michelle,
    Did you come up with a solution for this? Or anyone for that matter??

Thanks,
    Mike

Jan 15, 2015 @ 23:49
    Michelle

Hi Michael,

We've had to go an alternate solution in that all of our form data will remain in Umbraco (created using the default form wizard - no association with any data source) and then we've created a custom workflow type to push the data we need into CRM during the different form stages.

Getting Contour to render CRM forms itself will require a lot of hacking!

Cheers, Michelle

• Gavin Pollock 8 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 02, 2015 @ 15:01
    Gavin Pollock

Hi guys, I take it that no one managed to get Contour talking to Dynamics CRM in the end?

We really want to build a custom datasource that will do the connection, and am trying to find the contour shared source code that is always mentioned as a base example, but it no longer exists at this url:
    https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-contour-shared-source

Any ideas anyone?

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 02, 2015 @ 15:33

Hey Gavin you can find it here https://our.umbraco.org/FileDownload?id=5060

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft