Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mats 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 11:49
    Mats

Error parsing XSLT file for entries

Hi

Being a newbie using Umbraco I'm stuck with a little problem when it comes to getting all the entries for my Comment Form. 

Creating the form works like a charm, but I get "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\TestList.xslt" when I want to see my entries.

In my .cshtml file: @Umbraco.RenderMacro("TestList")

Creating a clean XSLT-file also works (no entries beeing rendered that is), but as soon as I'm adding this line it all breaks:
    <xsl:variable name="records" select="umbraco.contour:GetApprovedRecordsFromPage($currentPage/@id)" />

I've added this section to my stylesheet as well:

xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets" xmlns:umbraco.contour="urn:umbraco.contour"

exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets umbraco.contour "

What am I missing here? 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 12:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mats and welcome to our :)

Do you mind sharing all of your XSLT code with us? If you're using Umbraco 4 you can add ?umbdebugshowtrace=1 to the url of the page where you get the rendering error and then see a stack trace that might reveal some useful information.

Otherwise if you're using 6+ then you can go to the /app_data/logs file and see if there is an error description so it's a bit easier to figure out what the issue perhaps is.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Apr 22, 2014 @ 12:53
    Mats

Hi Jan

Looking at the logs file gives me "Cannot find a script or an extension object associated with namespace 'urn:umbraco.contour'". I thought the install would give me all references needed?

My XSLT:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>

<xsl:stylesheet 

version="1.0" 

xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" 

xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"

xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets" xmlns:umbraco.contour="urn:umbraco.contour"

exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets umbraco.contour "

>

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<!-- start writing XSLT -->

<!-- Get all approved records of the current page by using the library method GetApprovedRecordsFromPage -->

<xsl:variable name="records" select="umbraco.contour:GetApprovedRecordsFromPage($currentPage/@id)" />

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Apr 22, 2014 @ 12:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mats

By the first glance the above looks correct to me and usually that error is only thrown when namespaces are missing etc. but it looks perfectly fine to me.

What version of Umbraco are you using and what version of Contour are you using?

/Jan

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:03
    Mats

Umbraco 7.1.1 and Contour 3.0.19

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mats

hmm, ok - Perhaps it's an issue with Contour on Umbraco 7 - Think you need to post an issue at the issue tracker.

Any particular reason it's not Contour 3.0.20?

/Jan

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:07
    Mats

No particular reason at all. I used the package repository to install Contour and that gave me 3.0.19

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, that's odd - version 3.0.20 is available here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour

Perhaps an upgrade can solve your current issue? Think it's worth the try. Remember to do a backup of the database and your files before doing it though.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:26
    Mats

Hi Jan

Trying to upgrade now...
    Should these downloaded files be placed in the /umbraco folder or /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour? I can't seem to find any files matching the ones I'm unpacking since I'm supposed to replace the existing ones.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:33
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mats,

Here is some information about how to upgrade an Contour installation http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/installation/Upgrade

Hope this helps,

EDIT: Ooops Jan, didnĀ“t see that you have linked to the upgrade documentation.

/Dennis

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:39
    Mats

Thanks Dennis.
    The issue for me is just where to put the extracted files? I'm supposed to replace my existing ones and I can't seem to find them for some reason.

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mats

I actually made a link to the upgrade documents in the sentence where it says "upgrade" in my former post. I guess it was not obvious enough though :)

But everything you need to know should be described in there.

Hope that helps.

/Jan

Apr 22, 2014 @ 13:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mats

You should override the existing files indeed.

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 13:40
    Mats

Solved the problem by using Razor instead of the XSLT and macro. Thanks for your time and effort guys!

Apr 23, 2014 @ 13:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mats

That's also a way around it - glad you found a solution :)

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft