Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Barraclough 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 08, 2014 @ 15:53
    Craig Barraclough

Upgrade Contour from 3.0.6 to 3.0.20 on Umbraco 4.9.0

Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, i couldn't find a clear answer. I'm running Contour 3.0.6 on Umbraco 4.9.0 but i'm having a few issues with the conditional logic and i'd like to upgrade contour. I have a couple of questions.

1. Can i upgrade to 3.0.20 from 3.0.6 on U 4.9.0?

2. I've seen it written that to upgrade it's a simple xcopy to replace files, could you give me a clue how to do this? i'm obvously simplier than the command and don't know how to do this.

cheers

Craig

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 08, 2014 @ 17:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

I think it should be possible to upgrade Contour on that specific version. You can see the guide on upgrading here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade

But please be aware that Contour 3.0.20 will need the MVC 4 framework to be installed - otherwise it won't work.

And before doing anything make sure to do a backup of your files and database.

In regards to using xcopy that is probably when one is building a solution and wants to output the result to another folder or place on the disk. That should not be necessary for upgrading Contour.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 16, 2014 @ 17:06
    Craig Barraclough

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the advice, just on the xcopy point, on the upgrade instructions under Extract the Archive and Overwrite files it says "These new files need to be xcopied over the existing ones...". This is the bit i'm struggling with, how do I xcopy the files?

cheers

Craig

Apr 16, 2014 @ 17:32
    Craig Barraclough

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the advice, just on the xcopy point, on the upgrade instructions under Extract the Archive and Overwrite files it says "These new files need to be xcopied over the existing ones...". This is the bit i'm struggling with, how do I xcopy the files?

cheers

Craig

Apr 30, 2014 @ 16:38
    Craig Barraclough

Hi, I still need help with the xcopy if anyone can help.

cheers

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft