Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Boris 5 posts 25 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 16:54
    Boris

Contour Submit doesn't work - "Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference" server error

Hi, I just installed "Contour" in umbraco and on form submit this error appears below:

umbraco version 6.1.6

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference]

CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object ) +200

System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1(CallSite site, T0 arg0) +912

Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.Controllers.FormRenderController.ContourForm(FormViewModel model, Boolean captchaIsValid) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.Mvc\Controllers\FormRenderController.cs:208

lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +167

System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +248

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +39

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10() +120

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +637

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +637

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +272

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +714

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__19() +40

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +15

System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +596

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +305

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18056

Please help,

boris

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 17:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Boris and welcome to our :)

What version of the MVC framework do you have installed?

/Jan

Apr 03, 2014 @ 17:58
    Boris

mvc 4.5

Apr 08, 2014 @ 13:50
    Boris

Can anyone help, what can cause this error to appear?

Apr 09, 2014 @ 18:20
    Boris

Update:
    Found the problem behind the error, in the global.asax we have a custom Route:

RouteTable.Routes.MapRoute(

name: "SiteNavigationProvider",

url: "mvc/{controller}/{action}/{id}",

defaults: new { action = "Index", id = UrlParameter.Optional });

if i remove it, the submit button works.

After founding the problem i found this bug:
    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-252

I tried the solution there, but got an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find a Surface controller route in the RouteTable for controller name FormRender

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find a Surface controller route in the RouteTable for controller name FormRender

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Could not find a Surface controller route in the RouteTable for controller name FormRender]

Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderRouteHandler.HandlePostedValues(RequestContext requestContext, PostedDataProxyInfo postedInfo) +509

System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +12681399

Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +509

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18067

How can i use my custom routing and making contour to work?

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 14:23
    Thomas

Does anyone has found a solution on that? I am facing the same issue. I have custom routes, I followed the solution on the bug

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-252

and I am getting the same error as boris is getting.

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 15:13
    Thomas

I think I have found a solution which is to modify the umbraco\plugins\umbracoContour\views\form.cshtml to render the form tag differently:

COMMENT OUT THE FOLLOWING LINE:

using (Html.BeginForm("ContourForm", "FormRender", FormMethod.Post, new { enctype = "multipart/form-data" }))

AND USE INSTEAD:

@using (Html.BeginForm())

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft