Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Hewitt 65 posts 126 karma points
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 16:43
    Simon Hewitt

Version 4 upgrade files

Hi Tim,

I have 2 major websites we haven't upgraded to 6 yet due to the size and complexity of the sites.

Is there any chance of a manual install zip for the version 4 copy of 3.0.20, or could you give me a list of the files I need to update if I stick the package on a clean copy of Umbraco v4. (I've amended most of the datatype views to fit in bootstrap markup so a lot of the contour UI/scripting isn't vanilla any more so a list of files I need update would make me feel safer than just beyond comparing them).

Many thanks Simon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 16:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

There is documentation on manual installation here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 01, 2014 @ 17:13
    Simon Hewitt

Hi Jan,

It's the files themselves I need as currently there is only the packaged zip file available.

I'll install to a fresh copy of Umbraco and just use comparison software to work out the changes from there.

It's the price I pay for being retro :D

Cheers Simon

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Apr 02, 2014 @ 11:16
    Simon Dingley

I am in the same situation, not sure why there is no update file for 3.0.20, there was for 3.0.19. Perhaps the v6 update covers v4 as well it's just not indicated on the current page. If you look at the archive of files it says UmbracoContour3.0.19update.zip is for v700, v610, v600, v411.

Apr 02, 2014 @ 11:17
    Simon Hewitt

I've just upgraded our staging server and it now blows up trying to render anything on the front end with the error "Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'."

I've seen this before and I think this thread is the same issue.

Is it possible to get a build of 3.0.20 against .NET Framework v4 please?

Apr 02, 2014 @ 11:20
    Simon Dingley

So you think it's because you're not running .Net 4.5?

Apr 02, 2014 @ 11:29
    Simon Hewitt

Yes, our old Umbraco version 4 installs are on boxes with only version 4 of the framework installed.

My dev machine has 4.5 framework and the 3.0.20 contour package runs perfectly on there.

Talking to the systems team now about putting 4.5 on our old builds but it doesn't feel like the right thing to do when we have had a stable system in place for so long.

Apr 02, 2014 @ 12:37
    Simon Hewitt

Insstalled 4.5 on our staging environment and Umbraco is happy again but when I click through to the Contour section in the back end I get this;

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type]
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +14686306
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) +11
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderCollection`1.() +202

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +159
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +256
       System.Activator.CreateInstance() +109
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common...cctor() +56

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '.' threw an exception.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Field.CreateFromDataReader(IRecordsReader reader) +1011
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FieldStorage.GetAllFields(FieldSet fieldset) +272
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FieldSetStorage.GetAllFieldSets(Page page) +288
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.PageStorage.GetAllPages(Form form) +290
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage..() +45
       Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem, Object syncLock) +191
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +312
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived) +491
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1529
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +116
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +206
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2910

I don't know if I've missed something in the upgrade or if there's an issue in the code but I'm a but stuck as to what to do next.

Apr 02, 2014 @ 12:52
    Simon Dingley

Maybe a long shot but are you using any custom field types or using Umbraco ContourContrib?

See http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/46409-Error-after-3017-upgrade?p=0 which led me to ask the question

Apr 02, 2014 @ 14:32
    Simon Hewitt

Yes I have many custom fieldtypes and workflows on the site I upgraded and I believe ContourContrib is installed but no longer used on the site. I'm still not sure where the problem lies as the site was working before the upgrade and the stack traces I'm getting are very generic.

I'm going to roll back the upgrade and have a play on a less important server in the office somewhere as the customer uses the staging box to trial new forms. Will post back if I make any progress.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft