Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 16:34
    Bogdan

Could not validate license

Hello,

Sometimes opening forms, or for example clicking the "Umbraco Contour" node takes a lot of time. I suspect there's a server side call which is blocked by the firewall and it times out. Also, I've noticed a umbraco.licensing.log.txt file in App_Data that contains several paragraphs like:

Could not validate license:

Your license has been approved for the following IPs/Domains: - Domain: www. - Domain: *.

The umbracoForms.lic file is in the bin folder. Is there a domain for validating the licence that has to be allowed in the firewall?

Apr 03, 2014 @ 10:59
    Bogdan

It takes 10-15 seconds to open a form with a few properties. Is this normal?

Apr 25, 2014 @ 14:21
    Bogdan

Does anyone know how can we get some support on this product? I couldn't find anything else besides the forum.

Thanks!

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 15:37
    Dennis Aaen

Hi bfi,

Try to take a look at this page. Here you can find some support opportunities on the Contour product

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/contour-support-and-download.aspx

E.g there is a section that´s cover license questions.

Since you have buyed the contour, could you try to get supoort this way: http://umbraco.com/contact/support-requests.aspx

Or you try send Umbraco team an email via here and explain the problem with you Contour: http://umbraco.com/contact/send-us-an-email.aspx

Hope this can help you.

/Dennis

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 29, 2014 @ 15:49

Hey,

Which version are you running, make sure to upgrade to the latest :) and also make sure that your license is valid for all domains that the site supports

Apr 29, 2014 @ 16:15
    Bogdan

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply! Version was 3.0.18, now updated by extracting UmbracoContour3.0.20update.zip in the root. The "Could not validate license" message still shows up in umbraco.licensing.log.txt, though so far the forms don't take long to open anymore. The site is currently in beta and on a different domain than the live one, so I guess that could be the problem. How can I check for which domains the licence is valid?

Also I noticed that the "Loading..." text remains permanently in the "Learn" panel from the Dashboard tab, and there's an error below "Umbraco Contour version 3.0.20":

Could not load control: '/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx'. Error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page. at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e)

Thanks!

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 29, 2014 @ 16:40

Ok thanks yeah must be due to that then, in 3.0.20 there are multiple performance inhencements so glad that is working out :)

May 05, 2014 @ 11:41
    Bogdan

Unfortunately after this update a problem appeared. I was using Cultiv RestContour to submit the forms with ajax. Now the strange thing is that unless the project is in debug, the following error occurs:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

STACKTRACE: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Umbraco.Web.BaseRest.RestExtensionMethodInfo.Invoke(String[] parameters)

INNEREXCEPTION: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService..ctor(Umbraco.Forms.Core.Form)'. at RestContour.SubmitContourForm.CreateRecord()

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 28, 2014 @ 19:19
    Paul Sterling

Hi -

We saw this with another user just recently as well, in that case it turned out to be an issue with their code but we did manage to make a few adjustments with the http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0.21/ version.  If you don't already have that, can you test an update?

-Paul

Jun 02, 2014 @ 14:44
    Bogdan

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply!

I've just updated to 3.0.21 but unfortunately some issues persist:

-it takes a long time to open a form initially -the text "Loading..." remains on the dashboard permanently -below that there's an error: Could not load control: '/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx'. Error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page. at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e)

One thing that works now is submitting the forms with ajax when the project is compiled for release.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft