Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lothar 25 posts 99 karma points
    Mar 05, 2014 @ 14:53
    lothar

Contour "Object reference not set ..." error with querystring

I'm using Umbraco v6.0.3 with Contour version 3.0.9 and have a problem with a form using querystring parameters to fill in some input fields directly.

It is about a contact form with several input fields. When I go to the contact page directly "contact.aspx" like so and fill in and sumbit the form then the form works like a charm.

If I go to the url "contact.aspx?model=Golf 7&interesse=Een prijsofferte" the input fields "model" & "interesse" get automatically filled in. But when I submit the form I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error.

There's no more info about the error in umbraco.log or via umbdebugshowtrace.

In the workflow of the form there's only 1 thing it does after it is submitted and that is sending an email.

Can somebody help me figuring out the problem or let me know where I could find some logging to see where the error occurs?

Thx

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 05, 2014 @ 17:09

so removing the querystring params makes it work?

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 05, 2014 @ 17:09

Would suggest to update Contoru since you are running pretty old version, it's probably a bug that has been fixed

• lothar 25 posts 99 karma points
    Mar 10, 2014 @ 15:41
    lothar

Removing the querystring parameters makes it work yes.

I've tried upgrading to 3.0.19 which gave me YSOD's and didn't get it running. Now I took an update package that wasn't compatible with umbraco 7 which is 3.0.17 and the upgrade succeeded without any YSOD.

I tried the contact form with parameters and it still gives an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error. Without the parameters it works.

Any more thoughts about this issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft