Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 22, 2014 @ 00:24
    Kim Andersen

Wrong path to file uploaded in Contour in IE

Hi all

I have a weird issue using Contour v3.0.14.

In one of our forms, there's also an upload-field so that user can upload a file to their submitted form.

This works, but theres a weird bug, when using Internet Explorer.

When using the upload-control in most browsers, the path to the file will be something like this:

http://domain.com/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/files/a23cc27d-33b6-423b-927d-425a1cdc283e/filename.extension

The above example is perfect.

But, when submitting the form through Internet Explorer, the path to the file will be this:

http://domain.com/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/files/a23cc27d-33b6-423b-927d-425a1cdc283e/C:\Users\kian\filename.extension

As you can see, the original path from the users local computer is copied into the path to the file in Contour, causing the path to break :( So in all of the other browsers, the path is just the "contour files-path" + filename but in Internet Explorer the path is "contour files-path" + "original path on the users computer" + filename.

Have any of you seen this behaviour before, and knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

/Kim A

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 25, 2014 @ 16:50

Hey What Version of Contour are you using ant what is the ie version?

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 25, 2014 @ 16:51

Ok I see the Contour version so just upgrade it's a bug that has been fixed

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 21:13
    Kim Andersen

Cool, thanks Tim. Will try that :)

Have a nice evening!

/Kim A

• Luke O'Byrne 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 06:55
    Luke O'Byrne
    I have the same issue. I updated from 3.0.18 to 3.0.20 and the issue still persists. Running Umbraco 6.1.6.
    I have Contrib installed but nothing custom beyond that.
    Worth noting that the file uploads correctly, just the path stored is incorrect. Issue is only in IE (running IE11) and changing the document mode to test various IE versions provides no different behavior.
  • Luke O'Byrne 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 02:28
    Luke O'Byrne

Update: I have further isolated the issue.

The website is an externally facing website but also available on an internal network. Using IE externally is fine, it is just when using it internally that there is the issue. This makes a lot of sense to me given it is a server side function being effected by a client side browser.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft