Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Feb 19, 2014 @ 03:06
    Proxicode

Re-Captcha to Math Solution?

Hello all!

I'm trying to figure out what it would take to have Contour's Captcha use math problems with numeric answers instead of those crazy words. My client is getting feedback from their customers that the the captcha text is too difficult to decipher so they are skipping the forms.

They have asked if we could replace the captcha with something like "1+1=", but obviously it would be a unique question on each load. I have seen these types of captchas around the internet, and I suppose I could write one, but I need it to work with Contour forms as we have many existing forms already created.

Any ideas?

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 20, 2014 @ 08:28

Key in Contour is that you'll need to hook into the validaiton to make sure the user entered the right answer...

event is called FormValidate available on Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.Controllers.FormRenderController

Feb 20, 2014 @ 08:30

So new fieldtype that randomly generates a math question, store solution in temp data and then compare user input to value in temp data in validation event

• sun 403 posts 395 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 09:40
    sun

Please make a new simple Captcha fieldtype. Many viewers don't know English words.

Feb 20, 2014 @ 09:53

Good point sun will make sure we add something :) what would work worldwide? math solution?

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 17:26
    Proxicode

@Tim - an integrated math solution would be ideal! :-)

-Roger

Feb 23, 2014 @ 12:46
    sun

yes, for example: 1+2=?, 12+1=?, 2+13=?. I think first it should be very simple. then, it can't be recognized by computer. So, I suggest it should like: ?+?,??+?,?+??,?-?,??-? It should support above five format.

Feb 23, 2014 @ 12:50
    sun

It should randomly generate one of five math formula format:?+?,??+?,?+??,?-?,??-? I think this is enough.

• Steve 140 posts 321 karma points
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 17:15
    Steve

Hello! Just wondering if the math solution has ever been added to Contour. This would be ideal as the traditional word Captcha is awkward for many users, particularly non english speaking and also non latin alphabet users.

Thanks! Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft