Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Reeves 10 posts 51 karma points
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 10:17
    James Reeves

IE Problems - Sidebar not aligning correctly.

Hi All,

I am using Contour with a Sidebar to the right of the contact us page. The Sidebar formats with the Contact us page on Firefox. But in Internet Explorer, the sibebar disappears to the bottom of the page, leaving a blank space where it is mean't to be. It works in IE7 mode, but IE8/9/10

Has anyone got any ideas why this might occur?

Thank you
    James Reeves

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 27, 2014 @ 10:27

Is this in the contour section or on your frontend? If it's on your frontend then it's related to your site css...

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 10:50
    Martin Griffiths

Is this post for real? Or just a joke? lol.

Jan 27, 2014 @ 10:59
    James Reeves

Thanks for the helpful reply - Makes this forum a joy to come too.....

Actually, the template is one column + one side bar works fine for all the other pages. When I use contour the template messes up on IE8/9/10, Now if it is a CSS problem, what is contour doing to my CSS for this to happen?

Jan 27, 2014 @ 11:13
    Martin Griffiths

Sorry James, It's Monday and i'm still not fully conscious yet (in need of more coffee and went straight straight into cynical mode), apologies!

It's a very open ended question with a lot of potental reasons why you could be suffering.

You can quite easily turn contours initial stylesheets off altogether if you feel they're causing issues with your own styles. This is often the best way, and you can then target contours classes with a set of your very own styles. Just check "disable default styling" in the settings tab for your form.

We found it's quite easy to align Contour to frameworks like Bootstrap, so it's completely customizable.

Regards

Martin

Jan 27, 2014 @ 11:28
    Martin Griffiths

Hi James

I should also add, if you're using a recent version of Umbraco and Contour, you can use Razor views and completely control the HTML output as well.

The installation path is...

\umbraco\plugins\umbracoContour\Views 

Jan 30, 2014 @ 15:08
    James Reeves

Hi,

We are still using UserControls, and haven't moved onto Razor yet. I have been looking at this issue for the past two days and I have yet to figure out why this is occuring.

My stylesheet uses the following style for the columns. They seem really basic to me, and I don't understand how they could effect the positioning of the right column.

.col1 { width: 600px; float: left;} .col2 {width: 290px; float:right;}

I have tried changing the values, but the only thing that changes is the contour form size. I have also disabled the default stylesheet for contour, and I have still had the same problem.

Have you got any idea's on this issue?

Regards, James Reeves

Jan 30, 2014 @ 15:11
    Martin Griffiths

The easiest way to debug stylesheets is to use Chromes web tools, It's gotten me out of a hole more times than I care to mention!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft