Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Jan 02, 2014 @ 19:36
    Phillip Ng

Contour Form Submits in IE

Hello

I havve deployed an Umbraco website with Contour on to Azure and the site works great. The problem, however, is that the Contour form doesn't submit on FF and Chrome, but does on IE. The only thing I see in the browser console is a warning in Chrome saying "event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead" in my jquery-1.9.1.js file. Updating to the newest version of jquery doesn't resolve that error and that error doesn't occur in FF. The form works in Chrome when "previewing" it in Back Office.

Any ideas what's going on? Thanks!

Jan 11, 2014 @ 03:21
    Phillip Ng

UPDATE: I've set-up a SendGrid account and testing the SMTP on my dev environment works. When I try to use it on Azure, the forms don't submit, even in Preview mode. The page just refreshes. I thought that indicated something didn't transfer correctly when migrating to Azure so I reuploaded the /bin folder and /Umbraco/Plugins/umbracoContour, but that didn't fix the submission problem. Is this something wrong with Azure or should I try reuploading the files? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 14, 2014 @ 11:43

Hey, what is the version of Contour you are running?

Jan 14, 2014 @ 18:37
    Phillip Ng

Jan 14, 2014 @ 19:56
    Phillip Ng

Hmm, the manual update didn't seem to work so I ended up just uninstalling and then reinstalling the package. Contour works now. Must've been something else... Thanks!

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 15, 2014 @ 11:03

Ok glad it's sorted then :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft