Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 62 posts 274 karma points
    Dec 09, 2013 @ 12:42
    Mike

Is it possible to do this in Contour?

Hi peeps.

I'm building a template within a site which is an on-screen report. The template looks like this:

The report page has a series of catgories - Trees, Signs, Fly tipping, etc - and each category is likely to be a tab in the document type which then allows content to be added such as a description and a thumbnail or two. There will also be a data type that allows the status of that category row to be set - OK, Action required or Advisory. 

If the status of that particular item is anything other than OK then I need to add in a radio list asking the end user to select what action they want performed for that item. Then once they've done this at the very bottom of the report is a tickbox to confirm everythign and then a submit button.

Would it be possible to use Contour to create the form elements for this page and if so what would be the process in setting up this template?  What I can't immediately figure out is how I can tie up the radio list and the checkbox into a single form submission and whether I would have to create a separate radio list in Contour for each item in the report or whether I could use one list and dynamically change the value to be, say, the name of the category row item. Also whether it is possible to use Contour to create this all as one form rather than lots of individual forms, which Contour would obviously want to do using the GUI as is. 

In an ideal world the form submission would contain the name of the page then, where appropriate, the values of the radio list - but it is one single submission per report.

Hopefully this makes sense. Many thanks.

Mike

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 09, 2013 @ 13:47

So it's always max 3 radiobutton lists per form?

Dec 09, 2013 @ 13:48

Should be possible :) you can have full control over form markup in your case you'll also need to add a bit of logic to not show the field if the status is ok http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Custom-Markup/

Dec 09, 2013 @ 13:49

Or use http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/cultiv-restcontour that allows you to build up your own html and then just post to a specific url

Dec 09, 2013 @ 14:00
    Mike

Hey Tim, yep always the same 3 buttons max per item...

Dec 09, 2013 @ 14:01

Ok then you have to options, custom markup with some extra logic or use rest contour

Dec 09, 2013 @ 14:16
    Mike

Thanks very much Tim - I'll check both these out now and let you know what looks good. :)

Dec 09, 2013 @ 14:50
    Mike

Looks like Cultiv RestContour hasn't been updated/supported for a few years (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/cultiv-restcontour/requests-and-questions/46703-what-version-should-i-be-using) so I'll probably head down the custom markup route. Appreciate the pointer on this Tim. 

Dec 09, 2013 @ 14:50

Ok :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft