Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:11
    Martin Griffiths

Error after 3.0.17 upgrade

Hi Tim/all

I've just upgraded one of my builds (on v4.11.9) to Contour 3.0.17 and i'm getting the following error, despite clearing out all the caches and tweaking the dependency version...

Can someone help?

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type]
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +14213054
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) +11
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderCollection`1.() +202

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +159
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +256
       System.Activator.CreateInstance() +109
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common...cctor() +56

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '.' threw an exception.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Field.CreateFromDataReader(IRecordsReader reader) +1011
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FieldStorage.GetAllFields(FieldSet fieldset) +272
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FieldSetStorage.GetAllFieldSets(Page page) +288
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.PageStorage.GetAllPages(Form form) +290
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage..() +45
       Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem, Object syncLock) +191
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +312
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived) +491
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1529
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
  • Comment author was deleted

Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:15

Hmm The type initializer for '.' threw an exception not sure what that means, do you have any custom fieldtypes?

Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:17

Looks like it might be missing an assembly from a third party fieldtype, or did you by any chance have a custom version of the providers assembly?

Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:20

If you send me the db (tg at umbraco dot com) I can take a closer look since the error doesn't say that much...

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:34
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Tim

I have a custom WorkflowType and a FieldPreValueSourceType, but thats all.

Strangely, if I upgrade the build to Umbraco 6.1.6 the error goes away!

Any further ideas?

M.

Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:37

Nope no further idea :( is it an option for you to use 6.1.6 otherwise send me the upgraded site and I'll take a closer look

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft