Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iulia Maria Jensen 40 posts 71 karma points
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 15:46
    Iulia Maria Jensen

Form submits in preview but not on the page

Hi,

This post is a continuation of: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/45968-Form-cannot-submit-due-to-script-errors?p=0#comment165033

Indeed, there were some script problems but I am not getting those anymore.

Now, the form looks fine, no errors in the Console but upon submit it just looks like it reloads the same page instead of redirecting to my selected landing page. 

As a note: It behaves just fine in preview (no errors + redirects accordingly) though.

I tried debugging and it looks like the form gets submitted just fine here:  frm.submit();

After that.. I am not sure what is happening..

Any ideas?

P.S.: This: @Model.SubmitHandled returns false after I click on the submit button (on the same page which has been at this point just reloaded).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Iulia

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 06, 2013 @ 08:39

Hey,

Make sure you don't have nested forms ... any chance you can share a link to the form ?

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 19:33
    Kieron McIntyre

Was there a solution to this? I get exactly the same - the submitting form just reloads the same page and @Model.SubmitHandled returns false.

The form is rendered on the page using:

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm", new { FormGuid = "AC2C5F95-1523-4DB3-A351-84EB4A3BAD45" })

The project is v6.1.3 and Contour is v3.0.12

• Scott Mendez 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 19, 2014 @ 16:53
    Scott Mendez

Hi,

Using Contour - Package version: 3.0.21 and coming across a similar issue; when previewing the form, information is saved to the "entries" section of the form. However, on the staging environment; the form information is not submitting to the back-office of Umbraco & the page simply reloads to top of page with form fields still populated..

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Scott

Aug 19, 2014 @ 16:54

@scott make sure you do'nt have nested forms aka another form already on your template

Aug 19, 2014 @ 16:55

Think the original issue was due to the fact that the content (that contained the form) was pulled with xslt and that doesn't work for forms..

Aug 19, 2014 @ 16:56

To test just create a simple template and place the macro on there, if that works... error must be in the templates

• Scott Mendez 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 19, 2014 @ 17:08
    Scott Mendez

Hi Tim,

There are no other macro forms within the template, only one which is the offending form in question. Any other ideas?

Scott

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft