Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Oct 10, 2013 @ 03:56
    Richard Barg

Custom Workflow Fails in Some Forms but not others

Tim,

We created a custom workflow "Change Line-feeds to paragraphs on save records when Approved". It works fine on some forms but not others. It works fine in newly created forms. One of the working forms uses the same document type and same work flows yet fails on a different form.

It fails on forms which took considerable time to build. At one time these worked. Now they don't.

I tried deleting all the workflows and recreating them. All the workflows are the in the correct order. I also tried reinserting the macro into the document type which calls the contour form. I also tried exporting the non-working form, importing it and recreating the workflow. Still nothing.

Do you have any idea what is going on here?

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 11, 2013 @ 09:23

Not really, I would suggest to debug your workflow so you have an idea what is going on. Since this is a custom workflow I can't really provide any more pointers then that...

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 20:33
    Richard Barg

Tim,

1. We're still having difficulty getting the custom work flow to work reliably. The custom workflow works fine on our development server, but fails on most forms on our production server. We're currently using version Contour 1.1.12 and Umbraco 4.71. What would you suggest, reinstalling on production? If so, how to we ensure we have all the data in tact so we don't have do redo all the workflows?
    2. Also my developer is perplexed as to why Contour passes line feeds to the extended email workflow (text appears in email in tact w/linefeeds, but not to the Save as Umbraco Tiny MCE fields? Why is that?
  • Comment author was deleted

Mar 05, 2014 @ 17:13

Hmm doesn't seem like a recent post so not sure why it's in the active one but would uggrade contour, and make sure your workflow handles exceptions... 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft