Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Koch 20 posts 80 karma points
    Oct 02, 2013 @ 23:36
    Brian Koch

Contour 3.0.17 WIP Object Reference not set error

Using Umbraco 4.11.8

After performing a manual install (copied files over from the nightly UmbracoContour_3.0.17WIP_update.zip file)

I receive the following when selecting the Contour section in the Umbraco back office:

Error Message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace:

at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived) at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 03, 2013 @ 10:51

Ok thanks for reporting, 3.0.17 will be out today so that error should also be gone by then ;)

Oct 03, 2013 @ 11:03

Hmm can't reproduce, is it just the dashboard that is failing or other parts to?

Oct 03, 2013 @ 16:25
    Brian Koch

Hi Tim -

Dashboard, and any embedded forms on content pages - all give Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

Will try a fresh install, and copy of files to see if it makes a difference..

Brian.

Oct 03, 2013 @ 16:27

Ok thanks :)

Oct 03, 2013 @ 17:18
    Brian Koch

Ok - trying a fresh install now, FYI - there's still an issue with the Install from package on Umbraco version 4.11.8:  Installer fails with message below, and creates a directory with the same name as the site's parent folder:

Oct 03, 2013 @ 17:19

Hmm that's strange, thanks for the feedback, will give it a go

Oct 03, 2013 @ 18:13
    Brian Koch

For what it's worth, if i copy the files from the errant directory to the parent directory, do an uninstall of the package (but don't delete any files), re-install of the same package, the install almost works without errors (looks like the install is trying to modify the dashboard config in the wrong location).

I'm then able to get the contour working on the fresh install by adding in the required dashboard.config entries and refreshing the browser at this point.  And more importantly, i'm getting the Contour dashboard, not the original error (object reference not found..). 

So, i'm going to see if i can find any differences between the original site with the Object reference not found error and the "fresh" install.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft