Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Thomas 34 posts 127 karma points
    Sep 30, 2013 @ 16:02
    Mark Thomas

How do I restrict the size of files Contour uploads?

I have a form that I want to restrict file size on. How can I accomplish this?

The only example I can find is to create custom file types for Umbraco and not Contour?

I am maintaining an old installation of Contour 1.1.13.2 on Umbraco 4.8.0

Mark.

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 30, 2013 @ 16:19

You can find Contour docs here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation

So you'll need to extend the default upload field type to make that possible

Sep 30, 2013 @ 16:19

There is a filtered upload one that might give you a head start http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/cogworks-cogfilteredupload

Oct 01, 2013 @ 08:53
    Mark Thomas

Thanks Tim.

I had found these examples, but just amazed that no-one has shared this code before for such a basic restriction to the file upload control. It must have been done before. And it's not in the Contour Contrib either.

I'll get on it right away and see where I can put it for others benefit.

Mark.

Oct 01, 2013 @ 10:43

Yeah if you could share it that would be ace :) good luck!

• Robert Godino 40 posts 129 karma points
    Jun 03, 2014 @ 09:41
    Robert Godino

Hi Mark, wondering if you can help me.

I too have a form with an upload field that I want to restrict the uploaded file to 5MB. However, looking at your two links above, I still can’t work out how to achieve the task. Do you know the Regex I can use for this? 

I have downloadied Cog Filtered Upload but it is still not clear how to make this work. Any feedback woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Robert

Jun 03, 2014 @ 10:16
    Mark Thomas

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately I never got this working and used our mail system/file system to restrict uploads as it only for a short term site.

Mark.

• Robert Godino 40 posts 129 karma points
    Jun 03, 2014 @ 11:51
    Robert Godino

Thanks Mark,

Looks like setting up the 5MB file upload restriction server-side might be the only option. A little disappointed that something so abvious is mising from Contour.

Thanks for fast reply.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft