Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Sep 18, 2013 @ 12:49
    Fuji Kusaka

Export to CSV file remove all special characters

Hi Tim,

I think you should be able to solve this easily!! .. i have a french website where user can subscribe to an event with different french Fields.

Since we are using french as the default language all the entries and label has some special characters like "é", "à" and so so.

Now when admin export all the records to csv file all the Special characters mess up like for example "Catégorie / Category" and this is very annoying since some fileds are Name or Last Name.

Am using v3.0.12 and umbraco 4.11.8.

//Fuji

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 18, 2013 @ 13:29

Is this with the export in the entries viewer menu (so top right that opens a dialog) ? Entries viewer works fine?

Sep 18, 2013 @ 14:04
    Fuji Kusaka

Entries Viewer is just fine. When exporting to xls it works fine. But i cant export to xls since its only giving me a max 0f 100 entires instead of 600.

When  using the top left button export to CSV file i get all the 600 ~ entries but all special characters mess up.

Sep 18, 2013 @ 16:15

Ok will try to reproduce but it could be the way you are saving the file, could you try saving it as utf-8 and ansii and see if that makes a difference

Sep 19, 2013 @ 07:23
    Fuji Kusaka

How do i get to change the saving option or switching it to utf-8 or ansii ?

• kim Thomsen 59 posts 277 karma points
    Jan 15, 2014 @ 15:21
    kim Thomsen

Im also looking for a solutions for this problem. Where do you change the output to  utf-8 and ansii

Jan 15, 2014 @ 15:58

That's in your editor ...

• Jan Vanuytrecht 32 posts 80 karma points
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 11:39
    Jan Vanuytrecht

Hey Tim,

I tried this too. And indeed, if I save this file with UTF-8 encoding the problem is "solved". I assume it is now saved with Unicode as default encoding format? Can this be changed, and how?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft