Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 12:05
    Martin Griffiths

Export records to CSV (top left button) issues

Hello, Tim hopefully you'll be able to answer this one for me! :-)

I've got a whole bunch of records that our marketing staff have exported successfully from Contour. Last week I updated a whole bunch of reports on our staging server but on transfer, Courier insisted on changing the PageId's on the target (live).

Now when marketing export the contour data the URL field just keeps appearing as a hash '#' instead of the URL! I've looked at the recordXML and noticed the URLs are still intact but the pageId's of course reference the id before Courier stuck it oar in!

As PageIds from staging to live are subject to change (at any time) when Courier is involved, can the export be tweaked so that it still exports whatever URL data still exists in the XML? I'm assuming the code is iterating through the pageids and attempting to build URLs and failing.

Let me know what you think?

Martin

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 05, 2013 @ 12:30

Hmm if the urls are still intact maybe a small tweak to the export xslt can do it, will have a look

Aug 05, 2013 @ 13:42
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Tim

In some respects this is a core vs courier issue, contour isnt necessarily doing anything 'wrong'. But I guess you should be aware that id's can change from staging to live (at any time). I would suggest that Page(node id's) should only be relevent at the point of capture to gleam the necessary information about the node. Beyond the point of capture the data is purely historical, regardless of whether the page continues to exist or not. 

Our site goes through regular changes as a consequence of Courier and because we have a very active marketing team and I don't think they particularly care whether the captured data remains tied into Umbraco and can continue to be "looked-up" based on a stored page id.

Again looking at the Contour tables it would seem that the XML data is generated (and can be regenerated) based on stored page id's. So the architecture may not be in-line with an ever changing web site.

What do you think?

Martin

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 05, 2013 @ 15:26

Yeah can't do much about it if the id changes...

Aug 05, 2013 @ 16:27
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Tim

In the end I did two things...

1. To get the records to re-appear in the back office I changed the pageid's in UFRecords and UFRecordsXML to the correct Id's since Courier changed them. 

2. To fix the CSV export I changed the XSLT and removed NiceUrl and replaced with value-of="pageid/@url" instead.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft