Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Aug 03, 2013 @ 02:14
    Proxicode

Attachments not being sent

Hello,

This is my first go-round with Contour and I really like it!  I am stuck on one thing and hoping someone out there has some insight.  

I have a simple 4 field form, nothing required, no rules...one of the fields is a file upload field.  It renders and works correctly on the form, but when I recieve the email with the form values, it does not include a link to the file, or a file attachment.  The attachment is also not shown in the "Entries" tab.  I tried installing Contrib which seems to have more support for attachments, but I still did not get any mention of the uploaded file in my email.

I am wondering if there is anything I have to do in the config, or similar to allow sending attachments.

I am running Umbraco v6.0.6 and Contour 3.0.14, Contrib is currently uninstalled.  I am adding the Razor Macro the page, not the UserControl.

Thanks
    -Roger

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Aug 03, 2013 @ 03:23
    Proxicode

Going to answer my own question here in case someone else runs up against this.  

Out of desperation I decided to just start trying anything I could think of, so I tried adding the Contour form to my page as a UserControl instead of as a Macro, when I did that, I started receiving the attachment link text in my email so I re-installed Contrib and boom, attachments are on the email now.

SO, in summary, you need Contour (obviously), need the Contour Contrib package, and you need to add the macro as a user control and not as razor.

Thanks,
    Roger 

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 05, 2013 @ 12:45

Yup the default workflows in Contour won't add uploads as attachments :)

• Sunil Kumar K C 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 09, 2015 @ 14:48
    Sunil Kumar K C

Hi Tim,

In umbraco 7.2 version its working, but i am working on 7.1.4 version and have installed contour in this version. Here it is not working. Does any one has a solution?

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 09, 2015 @ 16:26

Hey Sunil,

Maybe it's the smtp server settings, does the mail go out without attachements or you don't receive any mail?

• Sunil Kumar K C 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 05:36
    Sunil Kumar K C

Hi Tim,

My SMTP server settings are fine. I am receiving the mail without the attachment even after checking the attachment option in contour. Can you please suggest something for this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft