Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 18:08
    Tim

Upgrade To Contour Has Broken Some, But Not All Forms

I've got a site running 4.11.8, we upgraded the Contour installation to 3.0.11 and now some of our forms don't submit. They don't appear to submit at all, it's as if the validation is failing, but it isn't showing any messages. One form on the site does seem to work, but the others don't. Is there a conflict on this version?

The forms in question are using the MVC rendering macro. The one that works is using the web forms one.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!!!

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:24

Are you using customized form views?

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:28

If you have this in your customized form view

@Html.AntiForgeryToken("UmbracoContourForm")

replace it with 

@Html.AntiForgeryToken()

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:28
    Tim

Hi Tim! Not on any of the forms, the only thing we have done is removed the h4 form heading from the markup of the main form MVC view, as we're not using it on the site everything else is as standard. Forms work on 3.0.5, have tried both 3.0.11 and 3.0.12 and both display the same behaviour. Will try stepping up a version at a time from the nightlies repo, and see if I can work out at what version it starts to fail.

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:29
    Tim

Ahhh, it looks like our view does have that code in, will try replacing it with that code and see if it works, thanks!

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:30

Ok can you tell me how the Html.AntiForgeryToken looks in your main form mvc view?

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:54
    Tim

Replacing the antiforgery token code with the new version fixed the issue! Thanks Tim :)

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:59

Yeah sorry about that was a breaking change that I forgot to mentoin but only happens if you have a customized form view, glad it's working again :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft