Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    May 21, 2013 @ 12:21
    wolulcmit

xslt transformed email not sending after upgrade, how to debug?

Have recently upgraded from umbraco 4.7.2 to 6.05
    as well as Contour from 1.x to 3.012

After much testing everything seems to be working apart from this one issue, and I'm not sure how to figure out a way to solve it. Normal emails send ok, but xslt transformed emails just fail silently. I'm got my emails going to a directory to try elimimnate it being an smtp related issue
    i.e

<specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="D:\Websites\mailroot" />

Have also checked the Umbraco trace log but I cant see any errors around the time I submit the form.

Is there any other way to debug this? I've also used the provided xslt example that comes with contour, but still no dice.

any ideas?

- Tim

• Comment author was deleted

May 21, 2013 @ 15:10

Did you check the umbraco log tables?

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 15:36
    wolulcmit

Hi Tim, have checked the umbraco Log tables and nothing gets logged at the time of sending the form, the form doesnt error or anything which is why its hard to track down the problem. Other contour forms not using xslt transform are sending fine.

any ideas?

- Tim

Jun 13, 2013 @ 12:43

Hmm maybe the xslt file used to transform the email is gone? Could you check the settings on the workflow

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 16:27
    Dan Evans

Same thing happening to us though it's umbraco v 4.11.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.4834.19775) and it's a new email. I've just used the template provided with nothing else added and it still doesn't work and nothing in logs to say why.

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:03

Ok will see if I can reproduce, more details a bit later today :)

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:04

Created an issue on the bug tracker http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-384

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:05
    Dan Evans

I did fix it in the end by simplfying the email but I'm still not sure what the problem is as can' see any error generated.

Thanks

Dan

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:06

Ok will add some extra logging so it's easier to spot transform errors

Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:13
    Dan Evans

That should do it. What would also be useful is if we could just pick an XSLT (or Razor!?) file from the developer area and use those instead of having to upload each time to change the workflow.

Thanks

Dan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft