Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Maidment 54 posts 163 karma points
    Apr 26, 2013 @ 17:59
    Adam Maidment

SendMail Issues with XSLT Transform

Hi there community.

Apologies for bringing up a subject which has been covered by many others.

I have a Contour form which needs to send an email to a different address dependent on a value chosen in a dropdown list. Simple.

STMP is set up. We're getting notifications fine. An email sends fine and will even send different content depending on the ddl choice, so that works ok.

The issue is as soon as I put in the line SendMail(...) line nothing happens. I've been through every post on this forum related to similar issues and have tried every peice of XSLT Code which people have posted yet as soon as I put in SendMail() nothing happens.

I know SMTP is working fine as other forms send ok and notifications all come through. Nothing is showing up in the logs either. I'm completely at a loss...

If anyone has any ideas or any trouble shooting steps I'd be ever grateful. Having been looking at this for 7 hours now I'm out of ideas.

Many thanks

Adam

System Details:

• Umbraco Contour version 3.0.9
    • Umbraco v6.0.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.4813.29744)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 11:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Adam and welcome to our :)

Have you tried having a look at the umbracoLog table to see if it gives any hints?

Depending on the e-mail address it might be an issue with the mailserver not accepting the e-mail address you're using. I've seen this some times and it's pretty frustrating when a provider has some weird rules about naming of e-mail addresses.

Just a thought that might be worth checking out.

/Jan

Apr 29, 2013 @ 13:44
    Adam Maidment

Hi Jan, thanks for the response.

We use an external authenticaed SMTP service and the config settings and email are the same as we've used on about 5 other .Net projects. I will check this anyhow just in case...

A review of the UmbracoLog table is #1 on my list for today so I will check that and see if it sheds any light.

Adam

Apr 29, 2013 @ 14:19
    Adam Maidment

Well i have to laugh at myself here and apologise for wasting time!

It seems we had a payment issue on our SMTP service which means the service was temporarily suspended! I've sorted that out and run a test again and the email has come through fine. I knew my code was sound ;-)

Sorry about that!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft