Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabiano 12 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 24, 2013 @ 18:09
    Fabiano

Conditional Setting Bugs

Hello,

we are setting up a survey for one of our client and we require multiple questions to use conditional settings. We are using Contour 3.0.6 and version of Umbraco is 4.7.2. we had various issues:

1. we are trying to show a conditional question based on the answer of the previous question. the conditional question will appear if the user select one or more checkboxes but this seems to work only when the condition is set to "Contains". Also, if boxes are ticked and then unticked the conditional question will not disappear. Furthermore, if we use "Contains" a previous conditional question, not related to this two questions, would break.

2. we have three questions that do the same job which is to show conditional question when the user tick one or more checkboxes. the problem with this is that it seems that the three questions are linked to each other because you have to check the first one which is not a mandatory question before the condfitional settings work in the next question and so on. 

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Any further questions let us know.

Thank you,

Fabiano

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 24, 2013 @ 18:12

Hey Fabiano,

Several improvements have been made to the conditional logic stuff since the version that you are using so I would recommend to first upgrade to 3.0.9

Instructions here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade

Give that a test and if you still have issues then let me know

Cheers,
    Tim 

Apr 26, 2013 @ 15:06
    Fabiano

Hello Tim,

I upgraded Contour to version 3.0.9 and encounter an issue. Basically, i have a question with 2 fields: the second field will show only if any of the checkboxes are ticked in the first field.

The problem is that when I try to display these question on the form both fields are not appearing and the code add "display: none" to my question even though only one field has condition.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you.

Fabiano 

Apr 26, 2013 @ 15:52

Hey Fabiano,

Any chance you can share some screenshots of the form on how it's setup then I'll try to reproduce

Apr 26, 2013 @ 16:15
    Fabiano

Hello Tim,

Here is the question that I would like to display on the page:

As you can see I have a question (Q3) that consists of two fields. the second one needs to be displayed only if the user tick one or multiple checkboxes. But when I load this to my page Q3 does not display - shown below:

Any help would ne much appreciated.

Thanks,

Fabiano

Apr 29, 2013 @ 10:24

Ok thanks for the details will try to reproduce

Apr 29, 2013 @ 10:26

Is there a condition set on the test 3 field?

Apr 29, 2013 @ 10:29

I've setup the following and that works, but think you might have nested conditions

Mind detailing how the form is setup?

Apr 29, 2013 @ 10:36

Is there a condition set on the test 3 field?

Apr 29, 2013 @ 11:20
    Fabiano

Hello,

there is not a condition on test 3 but I have a condition on the previous question (Q2) on both fields (test 2 and test text). This condition will apply if the user choose No in the dropdownlist on Q1. 

Here's some more details about the current form:

1. Q1 is a dropdownlist which contains two values: Yes/ No

2. Q2 cosnists of two fields (test 2 and test text). Both fields has condition applied. the condition will work on both field when the user chooses to select No in the dropdownlist. This condition simply hide the two fields if Q1 is set to No.  This is working correctly.

3. Q3 conists of two field (test 3 and test validation). the only field that has conidtion is test validation. the conidtion will aplly if the user select one or more checkboxes. The problem here is that the condition seems to work on Preview mode but when I try to render my form on the page Q3 is not displaying whereas I am expecting to view only the first field until the user ticks one or more checkboxes - then the second field shoul appear.

Screenshot in Preview Mode:

Rendered Form:

As you can see Q3 is displayed on Preview Mode but not on the page. It seems that the code add "display: none" to the fieldset rather than the field itself.

Here the HTML of Q3:

I have added two classes calle "panel" and "panelInner" in front of the <fieldset> tag. As you may notice on Q3 "display: none" is added on both the "panel" class and the field that I would like to not display. Do you think adding classes can cause this issue?

Any further question please ask.

Thanks,

Fabs

Apr 29, 2013 @ 12:37
    Fabiano

Tim, 

It appears that I managed to solve all my issues. Thank you very much for your help.

Fabiano

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft