Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Deighton 23 posts 53 karma points
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 17:09
    Simon Deighton

Emailing the form?

In my workflow section of the form I have created, Ive set under "When the form has been Submitted" a rule asking it to Send Email, ive put it my receiver email and a sender email but when I submit any form entries from my site nothing is emailed through.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 20:25
    Tom Fulton

Hi Simon,

Sounds like you have the workflow setup correctly.  Does your entry show up in the Entries viewer as if it submitted correctly?

If so, have you configured your email server settings in web.config (mailSettings/smtp area)?

If so, can you check the umbracoLog to see if maybe an error was logged while it tried to send the email?

-Tom

Apr 12, 2013 @ 21:15
    Simon Deighton

Hi yes the entries show up but Ive not confingured the email server settings.

Do you know if there is a guide on this part? Im running the site locally at the moment but will be hosted on a server soon when the sites finished

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 22:30
    Tom Fulton

To configure your email settings, just enter the server info in the web.config here:

<system.net>
       <mailSettings>
         <smtp>
           <network host="127.0.0.1" userName="username" password="password" />
         </smtp>
       </mailSettings>
     </system.net>

Your host should be able to provide you with the SMTP server details.  Unsure if it will work locally though, depends on their server configuration.

When I develop locally, I like to use papercut, which is a little app that runs in your systray and acts as a mail server.  It intercepts emails and allows you to view them (it doesn't actually send them anywhere).  This might be what you're looking for when developing locally.

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

Apr 14, 2013 @ 15:45
    Simon Deighton

Great thank you for the reply Tom, oh and papercut worked a treat!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft