Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Apr 08, 2013 @ 18:17
    Graham Carr

Form action issue

I have added a new form to one of my templates however when this is rendered in a browser the form tag is being rendered as follows:

<form action="/umbraco/webservices/categorisation?action=ContourForm&amp;controller=FormRender" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">

Clicking the submit button is just giving an Endpoint not found error message. I have not done any customisations other than disabling the default stylesheet.

Does anyone have any ideas why the action is being output as above, in all other Contour forms I have used in the past the action has been blank.

The version of Contour I am using is 3.0.9 and the version of Umbraco is 6.0.3 (Assembly version: 1.0.4814.24096)

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 09, 2013 @ 11:16

Hi Graham,

Do you have the categorisation package installed?

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/categorisation-for-umbraco

Think I've seen that is conflicting

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Apr 09, 2013 @ 11:19
    Graham Carr

Hi Tim,

I did indeed have the categorisation package installed. However I did find another way around this via a different thread and this was to do the following within the custom form.cshtml file:

Replace:

@using (Html.BeginForm("ContourForm", "FormRender", FormMethod.Post, new { enctype = "multipart/form-data" }))

With:

@using (Html.BeginForm())

I must admit however that although this works, will it cause any issues further down the line?

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 09, 2013 @ 11:25

Well if you have an upload field you'll need the  enctype = "multipart/form-data", not sure if Html.BeginForm()outputs that by default, otherwise make sure to add it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft