Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 101 posts 123 karma points
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 17:39
    Nick

Strange Contour form behaviour

I have a very bizarre problem and going a bit crazy.

I have a couple of forms that stopped submitting. They reload without actually hitting the workflows or logging the entry or even showing the submit success message.

I have tried to debug it but the workflow logic is never executed, and in fact, removing all workflow types doesn't change this behaviour so it seems that there's something wrong with the configuration of the form and nothing wrong with the workflows.

The logs show no error and I haven't been able to find out what could be causing them to not work.
    Is there a way to debug the submit logic or to get some sort of idea why this is happening?

I need to mention that they used to work until recently 
    Many thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 21, 2013 @ 17:41

Any changes made to your templates recently or update of Contour?

Mar 21, 2013 @ 17:50
    Nick

No changes to either. I'm using  version 4.11.5 with Contour 3.

I've changed the logic of the workflows only, but seeing that the form doesn't submit even when I remove them entirely, it can't be my changes causing the problem.

It seems like all forms are affected and the same thing happens in preview mode  :/ 

I would love to see if there's a way to debug this or at least get some error message somewhere 

Mar 21, 2013 @ 18:00

Does it happen when you preview the form in the contour section?

Mar 21, 2013 @ 18:01

Anything funky going on in the workflows? Is it default types you are using or custom ones?

Mar 21, 2013 @ 18:06
    Nick

I am using custom types and the very same thing happens in preview.

The custom types used to work by the way. I made changes to them today though.

The ValidateSettings method and the constructor hit their breakpoints when I debug, but the Execute method never hits a breakpoint and indeed, even if I remove the workflows altogether, the same thing happens in the form.

One other thing is, upon postback all the form values are populated with the submitted values except one drop down which comes back unselected.
    The other drop downs return back with the submitted value selected.

Quite odd isn't it? 

Mar 21, 2013 @ 18:13
    Nick

But it's worth mentioning that when I use ?umbDebugShowTrace=true in the Form Collection values the above mentioned dropdown is populated correctly.

Mar 21, 2013 @ 18:55
    Nick

No idea how to debug this?

I've spent the entire day trying to the forms to work 

Mar 21, 2013 @ 19:27

Hmmm and there isn't any validaition in place preventing the submit?

Mar 21, 2013 @ 19:28

I can take a look if you provide me with the login details you can send to tg at umbraco dot com

Mar 21, 2013 @ 19:30
    Nick

The site is running locally.

All forms have validations and the validations works fine. When all mandatory fields are entered, the form submits, there is a postback, and the form reloads without a result and without logging the entry.

I tried adding the old workflow that used to work and this is still happening. It's extremely bizarre 

Mar 21, 2013 @ 19:42

Ok any chance you can send me the site then?

Mar 21, 2013 @ 21:56
    Nick

I can't it's a huge corporate site.

I can show you the web config or the debug data or something like that?

Maybe even the workflow itself, although I'm pretty sure that's not it as it's removed for now and the problem persists.

Also, let me know if I can add logs anywhere that will help with the exception?? 

Mar 21, 2013 @ 22:03
    Nick

I'm guessing something is causing the submit handler to fail during postback but there's no exception information logged anywhere.

You know the internal logic inside out, can we expose the exception somehow, or can you tell me what could be possibly going wrong? 

Mar 22, 2013 @ 10:46
    Nick

Ok my colleague just told me this all started happening afte he upgraded the version of Contour to the latest one. 

Mar 22, 2013 @ 10:54

Ok then I would suggest to roll back for now untill we know what is causing it

Can you share some details on your setup, you are designing the forms code first right?

What happens if you create a form in the backoffice does it also fail to submit?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft