Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• WestLifeUmbraco 39 posts 70 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 16:59
    WestLifeUmbraco

Exception when trying to create a form in Umbraco contour

I encountered an exception when I tried to create form on contour, by right clicking the Forms->Create. Also, it doesn't allow me to delete form.

I recently upgraded both Umbraco and Contour to below:

Umbraco v 4.11.5 (Assembly version: 1.0.4807.33359)

Contour version 3.0.9

Detailed exception when trying creat a from using context menu is below:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    The create dialog for "forms" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The create dialog for "forms" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The create dialog for "forms" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Create.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +609
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

Exception when trying to delete a form:

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://uk.umbraco.local/umbraco/webservices/legacyAjaxCalls.asmx/Delete"
    Response:
    {"Message":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","StackTrace":"   at umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Delete(String NodeType, Int32 NodeId, String Text)\r\n   at umbraco.presentation.webservices.legacyAjaxCalls.Delete(String nodeId, String alias, String nodeType)","ExceptionType":"System.NullReferenceException"}

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pingpong

Seems like your installation has not been quite succesfull.

If I remember correctly you should be able to fix the UI error by adding it manually in the defined path - If I remember correctly it's a part of the contour package which should just overwirte the UI.xml.

Hope this helps. (Otherwise I'm confident Tim will correct me if I'm wrong) :)

/Jan

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 20, 2013 @ 08:09

Well due to the umbraco upgrade you have reset the ui.xml file, so you'll just need to add the Contour entries to that file 

details can be found here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual#Addingconfigurationtouixml

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft