Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 15:51
    David W.

Redirect to custom url

Is there a way for me to create a contour form that after sucessfull submit, the user gets redirected to a custom URL. This custom URL differs from case to case. Basically the url is specified through a hidden field in the form so I cant use the "Send to page" feature.

Can this be done? Adding a workflow item? Use the "Send-to-page" url to somehow do a redirect?

Using 1.1.13.2 and Umbarcao 4.8.1

/D

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 18, 2013 @ 08:48

You'll need a custom workflow in that case, details on how to get started can be found here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/

Mar 19, 2013 @ 19:07
    David W.

Hm, getting an error when opening the "add workflow"-dialog in the backoffice now. Did not happen before. Have unloaded my class from project but error still apears?

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderCollection`1.(T , T ) +68
       System.FunctorComparer`1.Compare(T x, T y) +14
       System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.DepthLimitedQuickSort(T[] keys, Int32 left, Int32 right, IComparer`1 comparer, Int32 depthLimit) +226
       System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) +216

[InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array.]
       System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) +286
       System.Array.Sort(T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) +205
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Comparison`1 comparison) +118
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderCollection`1.GetProviders() +651
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.editWorkflowDialog.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +272
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +59
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772
  • Comment author was deleted

Mar 20, 2013 @ 08:24

Hmm could you try touching web.config and see if that resolves it

Mar 21, 2013 @ 18:30
    David W.

Hm. Does not solve it. Also restarted IIS (and the actual computer). I have rollbacked all changes, but still no go. It was working last friday! I'm not sure what might have caused it, my best guess right now might be the fact that I removed an experimental workflowitem (one of the built-in ones): Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Looking in DB? Refrence issue?

Mar 22, 2013 @ 17:05
    David W.

Might have to do with refrences according to this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/26435-Failed-to-compare-stacktrace-when-adding-workflow-items

But still cant manage to fix it! added and removed refrences multiple times already. Incredibly annoying. Any thoughts appriciated.

Mar 25, 2013 @ 22:17
    David W.

Found it. I had completly missed the constructor and setting the name, description etc as stated here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Extending-Contour/Adding-a-Type

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 16:07
    M N

I realize this is rather old.. But if it helps anyone I was able to get this working with the following.. This workflow is last, and i'm unclear of the implications of putting it before other workflows since UForms is a bit of a black box, but this gets the job done.

public override WorkflowExecutionStatus Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e)
        {
            //Run your awesome workflow logic, personally I had to find a node

// This honestly feels hacky, but I found no other out-of-the-box way to do this! Documentation is quite limited, and/or dead links from contour
            HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect("http://google.com");

return WorkflowExecutionStatus.Completed;
        }

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft