Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Kingo Damgaard 157 posts 456 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 16:02
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

Razor code rendered as whitespace

Hi

I have a small issue when rendering a contour form that the razor code in the view files is rendered as whitespace. This FieldType.Textfield.cshtml view is modified slightly but it's the same problem with the original:

@model Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.Models.FieldViewModel
    <div class="controls">
    <input type="text" name="@Model.Name" id="@Model.Id" value="@Model.Value" maxlength="500"
        @{if(Model.Mandatory || Model.Validate){<text>data-val="true"</text>}}
        @{if (Model.Mandatory) {<text> data-val-required="@Model.RequiredErrorMessage"</text>}}
        @{if (Model.Validate) {<text> data-val-regex="@Model.InvalidErrorMessage" data-regex="@Model.Regex"</text>}}
        />
    </div>

The line

is rendered out as whitespace meaning "                                                                  " is inserted between my label and the input field, and it messes with my layout.

How to fix this?

Kind Regards

Bo

• Bo Kingo Damgaard 157 posts 456 karma points
    Mar 10, 2013 @ 13:40
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

This is bloody weird. If I remove the offending @model line, save the .cshtml, refresh the page, reinsert the line, save the .cshtml and refresh the page, it works! I have to the same over again on each FieldType.*.cshtml file though.

EDIT:
    Actually that wasn't enough. You have to wrap the line on @{}, save the file, refresh the page and get an error, reinsert the original line, save the file, and now it works.

This line

should be wrapped like this

@{

Save the file, and reload the page, and remove the wrap again, sa ve at it works.

Don't what is going on, but it doesn't make any sense

/Bo

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft