Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joe Morrison 20 posts 80 karma points
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 11:27
    Joe Morrison

Contour 1.1.12 - Forms updated but email notifications unchanged

I have recently added two new fields to a contact form at the request of a client. However now that the change is made, it is reflected on the form at the front end, however when the client recieves there notification (via the workflow upon form submission) - there is no trace that the form has even changed and the fields are not present (both fields are marked as required in the form).

Looking at the Contour entries and records (via email records option) the fields are definetely being generated in XML and populated. I have recycled the app-pool in case of XML caching. No avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Joe

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 07, 2013 @ 11:46

Hi Joe,

What type of workflow is sending the email could you check that? 

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 11:51
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Joe,

In your Workflow are you using XSLT Transformed or default one ? May be you could make use of {yourEntry} in the notification field if using default workflow.

Mar 07, 2013 @ 11:51
    Joe Morrison

Hi Tim, there are two in the workflow for submit, one is a "Send Email" with the address of the client and of type "send xslt transformed email" and the second is "Send XSLT transformed email when submitted" which is sent to #emailAddress, the email address of the person who enquired.

Thanks,

J

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 11:52
    Fuji Kusaka

Sorry Tim, reply at same!

Mar 07, 2013 @ 12:11
    Joe Morrison

Thanks - it's an XSLT generated email!

Couldn't see the woods for the trees!

J

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 07, 2013 @ 12:28

Yup so you'll probably need to update the xslt file that is used to transform the records to include the new fields :)

Mar 07, 2013 @ 13:29
    Joe Morrison

Maybe you can help as my XSLT isn't up to scratch , the field is a dropdown and I get it like so:

<xsl:value-of select="$records//fields/child::* [name() = 'countryoforigin']"/>

however this brings back values I don't wan:

> 3c7607b3-714c-47ec-8863-3919c6bdcfc9dc2c66c2-fa57-4e98-b26a-89b7ed041300#country of originStringUnited Kingdomld

I only want the value, which is in this case "United Kingdom".

Other fields that are input fields, bring back the value like so:

<xsl:value-of select="$records//fields/child::* [name() = 'position']/.//value"/>

But when the same is applied to the dropdown (name ='countryoforigin') - it doesnt work

Any thoughts?

J

:

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft