Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sarah Alder 8 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 12:01
    Sarah Alder

Alternative forms modules

What are the alternative modules for creating forms if we don't want to use Contour (because it won't do what we need it to do and is proving unstable)?

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 06, 2013 @ 12:04

Hi Sarah,

Any more details on the unstable? 

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 12:05
    Rich Green

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly if you haven't already done so I would get in touch with Umbraco HQ or post your problem with Contour here.

Secondly, we rolled our own form builder using standard DocTypes and nodes to build the forms, worked really well for us as we had to integrate the forms with uCommerce, something we couldn't achieve at the time with Contour.

If you post your more information on your specific needs I'm sure someone can help you out.

Rich

Mar 06, 2013 @ 12:09
    Sarah Alder

Thanks both of you.  I am not technical enough to know the specifics, I just see that it doesn't work (times out, locks the user out, form fields don't save, form works one day not the next, details input don't appear in the confirmation emails) and I was hoping that as Umbraco was Open Source there would be another route we could take.

Is there another route?

Thanks.

Sarah

Mar 06, 2013 @ 12:46

Hmm that sounds odd I would love to get to the bottom of this and resolve the issues you are experiencing with Contour, has anybody of your team been in contact with Umbraco support so far?

Mar 06, 2013 @ 12:54
    Sarah Alder

Will come back to you Tim, thanks

Sarah

Mar 06, 2013 @ 12:59

Ok thanks, I'm sure the issues can be resolved :)

Mar 06, 2013 @ 13:06
    Sarah Alder

And while  I check that out, another question.  Which browsers are supported by Contour?

Mar 06, 2013 @ 13:09

Should work with all major browsers(ie, firefox, chrome, safari, opera)

Mar 06, 2013 @ 13:11
    Sarah Alder

Includng IE 7,8 and 10?

Mar 06, 2013 @ 13:15

Yup

Mar 06, 2013 @ 19:56
    Sarah Alder

Tim, as you said you would like to get to the bottom of this I wondered if you could help us (my client and me).  We are not technical people and we don't know whether we are dealing with an issue where the developers don't fully understand the tools or whether there is something fundamentally wrong with how Contour has been set up, or whether we are expecting too much of the tool.

Would it be possible for you to look at what has been done and see where it is not meeting what we are after and give a view on whether it is fixable or not? 

I don't think it would be quite right to do that in this forum so we would need to do it some other way.  We have mentioned this to our agency, I think they would like to sort it out themselves but we are 8 weeks behind schedule, going to miss a really big (cash flow related) deadline and we are really at an impasse.

What do you think? 

Sarah

Mar 07, 2013 @ 09:14

Hi Sarah,

Sure would love to take a look, you can email details to tg at umbraco dot com

Thanks,
    Tim 

Mar 08, 2013 @ 08:24
    Sarah Alder

Thanks Tim, I will email you today.

Apr 29, 2013 @ 13:49
    Sarah Alder

Just want to say thanks for all the help provided offline by Tim.  We have had a huge improvement in the performance of our forms, we believe the final fix has gone in today.  This has shown me what a "community of developers" is all about. Thank you.

Apr 29, 2013 @ 14:21

@Sarah nice to hear that and glad I could help :)

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 14:23
    Rich Green

Great work Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft