Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sarah 40 posts 104 karma points
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:33
    Sarah

Resuming partially submitted forms

I've recently found myself as the developer for a previously developed Contour application where I work. Currently, if a form has been partially submitted, it is not possible for the user to resume it. It would be possible for our users to start and not complete a few forms at a time, so what I'd like to do is when they log in, list their incomplete forms and allow them to resume them.

I can get it to list any forms that are not complete. My question is, how do I then take that information and direct them to complete the form?

I've looked through the developer documentation but I can't find anything of use in there. I've search Google and also can't find anything there!

Any pointers in a general direction would be much appreciated! My installed version of Contour is 3.0.4 and my site is MVC.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:42
    Sarah

If it's of any importance, this is how I'm getting my list:

var allEntries = Library.GetRecordsFromForm("MY-GUID");
    var memberKey = Membership.GetUser().ProviderUserKey.ToString();
    var entries = allEntries.Items.Where(i => i.MemberKey.ToString() == memberKey).ToList();

<ul>
       @foreach (var record in entries)
       {
          <li>
             <span>@record.Id - @record.State</span>
          </li>
       }
    </ul>

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 27, 2013 @ 10:36

Hey Sarah,

In the current WIP version 3.0.8 you can provide a record id to the form and then edit the record

So you could upgade to http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0.8%20WIP/

And then simply pass the record id to the page containing the form ?recordGuid=GUID

Feb 27, 2013 @ 10:42
    Sarah

Thanks Tim, will that version of Contour work with my version of Umbraco? I'm on 4.11.1 currently.

Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:20

Hmm might work with assembly redirecting , will give it a test and let you know

Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:35

Can't get it to work on v4 so only option is to update umbraco

Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:48
    Sarah

Ok, I thought that might be the case! Thanks for trying anyway :) I'll try updating to 6 and installing the 3.0.8 update.

Feb 27, 2013 @ 12:40
    Sarah

Hi Tim,

I've updated to v6 now and I'm trying to install the UmbracoContour_3.0.8 WIP_update.zip but I'm getting the following error when trying to load the package. Any ideas why I'm getting this?

Could not upload file
    System.Exception: Error unpacking extension... ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\TFS\WebsitesCMS\VibrantSurvey\Website\App_Data\04b960a9-4dea-4b76-be50-ec827d8f4b43\package.xml'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.uploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

Feb 27, 2013 @ 13:08

Yeah that's because it's not a package, just an archive follow upgrade instructions here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade (basically just an xcopy)

Feb 27, 2013 @ 14:34
    Sarah

Yep that did it and I can confirm the ?recordGuid= is working for me now. Thanks for your help Tim. 

Feb 27, 2013 @ 14:39

Super :)

Feb 28, 2013 @ 15:22
    Sarah

I'm just replicating the upgrade process on my test environment. I've copied the WIP 3.0.8 files in for Contour but now when signing in and going the Contour dashboard, I'm getting the following. Any ideas why this might be happening? Firebug isn't reporting any Javascript problems. 

• joyefox 25 posts 95 karma points
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 09:20
    joyefox

Hi Tim,

is there a way to get the recordGuid parameter to work with umbraco v4? I'm using contour v3.0.6, and I need to include the form rendering razor macro in my templates because I've to implement conditional logic between fields (the usercontrol macro doesn't support conditional logic if I'm not wrong) and at the same time I need to resume partially submitted forms.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Matteo

Mar 07, 2013 @ 09:24

Will look into making a 3.0.9 tomorrow that works on both v4 and v6, more details then

Mar 08, 2013 @ 12:27

3.0.9 is out today and it works on v4 (from 4.10) and v6 http://our.umbraco.org//forum/umbraco-pro/contour/39069-Contour-309-changes

• joyefox 25 posts 95 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 14:53
    joyefox

Great! Record resuming works now with razor macro.

Thx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft