Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• praveity 100 posts 125 karma points
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:53
    praveity

Create seperate multi-step navigation in Contour

Hi to all, 

I have a new requirement where, each step of the form are categorized as a category. So step1 is a category, similarly step2 is next category. The basic of multi-step form is working nicely. What I would like to have is a seperate list of category where user could click on any could navigate to the particular step.

Is that possible to be made using the Contour API??

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:08

Easiest would be to modify the form view and output everything on a single page but do some jquery stuff so it outputs in different tabs that you can then navigate

• praveity 100 posts 125 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 16:01
    praveity

Thanks for the idea Tim, will try to do so and let you know about my progress.

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 20, 2013 @ 16:10

Great only tricky thing would be to set the value of the hidden field that stored the current page step to the latest step before submitting

• Brad Richardson 22 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 01:22
    Brad Richardson

Tim, I am interested in making a multi-tab solution. One tab will have a contact form and another tab will have a business inquiry form. Is this possible with each having mandatory fields and each having different workflows after submission?

Thanks in advance.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 10:11
    Tim

You could do that fairly easily in the tpage templates themselves. Just embed both forms on the same page, with markup around them for the tabs. In theory you can have as many forms on a page as you like, they should all have their own validation groups, so they should work completely independantly of each other. As each form is completely separate, you can have separate workflows as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft