Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Moschidis 15 posts 45 karma points
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:33
    Steven Moschidis

Back office Contour is not loading following a method rename in a custom fieldtype

Hello Tim,

I renamed a method in a custom field type that I created. 

When I go to the back office contour tab, I get this error:

Method [old method name] not found. (a System.MissingMethodException is raised)

Cheers,

Steven

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:36

Method or a property marked with the setting attribute? 

If it's a property marked with the setting attribute there might be a value stored in UFSettings for the old name and Contour is trying to set the value

If not, do you have a stack trace to see where the error is coming from

Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:49
    Steven Moschidis

Hi Tim,

Yes it is indeed marked with the setting attribute.

As I've said on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14860788/where-does-umbraco-contour-store-the-forms I have looked through all of the UF tables, but have not found any trace of the old (or new) method name. That's why I'm asking the question of where things are stored.

This is the stack trace from the YSOD:

[MissingMethodException: Method 'HC.Umbraco.Custom.ProfileTextfieldFieldType.AgressLookup' not found.]
       System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams) +12550999
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldType.LoadSettings(List`1 settings) +316
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FieldStorage.GetAllFields(FieldSet fieldset) +549
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FieldSetStorage.GetAllFieldSets(Page page) +288
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.PageStorage.GetAllPages(Form form) +290
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.?.??() +45
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +159
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived) +491
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1521
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Cheers,

Steven

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:54

Yeah it's like I thought, it's not a method but a property decorated with the setting attribute

A value for the old naming is stored and Contour is trying to set that but it can't find the property

To fix delete it from the UFSettings table 

delete from UFSettings where key = 'AgressLookup'

I'll make sure that this also get's fixed in the core so it will ignore these in the future

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-266

Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:59
    Steven Moschidis

Hi Tim,

I feel like an idiot now. I was only running my SQL queries against the value columns in the different tables... Oh well!

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Steven

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft