Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:11
    Dave Woestenborghs

Go back to form when workflow fails

Hi,

I created a custom workflow (on submit) which checks some data against a webservice. When one of the check fails I should go back to the form with the entered data persisted ?

How can I achieve this.

Dave

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:13

Workflows can't stop form submission you could hook into the form validation there is an event available or another option is to use the validate method in the code first approach http://www.nibble.be/?p=205

Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:17

Event can be found on Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.FormRenderController

Something else that might work but is more of a hack is to place the form edit mode and then redirect to the form with the record guid when check fails... but makes more sense to do it on validaton since you'll want to provide some error details to your user 

Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:27
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hey Tim,

We are still on Contour the latest 1.x version of contour. We don't have the time and resources to upgrade to 3.0 because of the amount of custom controls we have.

Dave

Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:29

Yeah then the option with an edit record would be the way to go

Add a page with the form in edit mode, when workflow fails redirect to this page (passing in the record id), form will be populated with record values but you'll need to specify an error message in a custom way

Jan 10, 2013 @ 11:03

record id needs to be provided like ?recordGuid=

Feb 05, 2013 @ 12:31
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Tim,

The parameter recordGuid doesn't seem to have any affect since I upgraded to Contour 3 and started using the razor views ?

Is there a way to populate a form with values from a record ?

Dave

Apr 29, 2013 @ 17:49

Would it be correct to say if I made a form with Contour 3.0 via the GUI, I cannot have custom server side validation code?

Apr 29, 2013 @ 18:32

You still can, there is an event you can hook into that allows you to add extra validation rules, you can find it on the Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.Controllers.FormRenderController event is called FormValidate

But it is easier with a codefirst form

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft