Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 14:30
    David Conlisk

Setting the from/sender email address for multiple sites

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to specify the from email address on a per-form basis in Contour, without having to extend Contour (like this http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/extending-contour,-sending-email-dependent-on-form-selection)?

I have a multilingual site which uses Courier, and ideally each site would use a different FROM address when sending emails with the form data.

Thanks,

David

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 13, 2012 @ 14:33

If it's an option for you to store the email address on a content doc then you can just use the special syntax to use that

Insert page value: [#propertyAlias]

Insert recursive page value: [$propertyAlias]

Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:29
    David Conlisk

Hi Tim,

Where do you mean? I recognise that as the syntax for macro parameters in a template, but how would I use that for a Contour form? Or more importantly, how would my content editors do that for a Contour form?

Thanks,

David

Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:30

You can use that syntax in workflow settings so it would then fetch a value from a content doc...

Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:31

So lets say on your homepage you have a setting contactFormEmail that your content editors can set that email is then used in the contour form

Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:46
    David Conlisk

You mean in the reply-to field, right? I thought that the from address came from umbraco.config?

Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:47

ah yes didn't spot that :) if you want to define the from address you'll need to extend the workflow type

Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:49
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:53
    David Conlisk

Hi Tim,

Would be nice to have the from address easily specified, just like the reply-to address is. Thanks for all the info! Really enjoyed using Contour for this project, it might become a must-have tool for future projects too, especially now you can control the markup.

Cheers!

David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft