Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Siebeneck 26 posts 46 karma points
    Jan 13, 2012 @ 23:10
    Eric Siebeneck

Need help with Workflow

I can't get the Contour Workflow to send email to the intended email address. I have the mailSettings in the web.config file set to the following:

<smtp>

<network host="smtp.gmail.com" userName="[email protected]" password="password" port="587" />

</smtp>

If it helps we're using the following version of Umbraco:

umbraco v 4.7.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4090.38017)

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 16, 2012 @ 16:20

And other emails are getting out, like umbraco user notifications?

Jan 16, 2012 @ 19:04
    Eric Siebeneck

Tim, thanks for the reply. Actually, there are no user notifications setup. I'd honestly like to figure out this issue, before we tackle more advanced options. :) 

Any ideas on this? Also, feel free to ask questions (regarding versions or settings) if it helps to figure out this problem.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 17, 2012 @ 09:30

Well if you could test if the user notification go out (just setup a test one) you'll know if this is a contour related issue or if all mails are failing.

Have you setup a valid sender email address in the /config/umbracosettings.config file?

Jan 18, 2012 @ 18:10
    Eric Siebeneck

Thanks Tim. Actually there wasn't, so I added an email address and created a new user that is a Writer. I then logged in as that user, edited a page and clicked "Save and send for approval". But I didn't get an email. What's the next step? Does the email account used need to reside on the server (same domain address)? Can I use a gmail account?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 18:22
    Tom Fulton

Hi Eric,

Have you tried checking the umbracoLog table to see if you're getting any errors? 

Also in order to test the notifications you need to subscribe to them by right-clicking a parent node and selecting Notifications.

Tim - does Contour work with SSL?

If not I think Contour Contrib's Send Email Extended workflow does.

-Tom

Jan 18, 2012 @ 19:19
    Eric Siebeneck

Hi Tom, I logged in as the Administrator, right clicked on the parent node and checked Send to Publish under Notifications. The Administrator account has the same email address (mine) and was used in the /config/umbracosettings.config file. I walked through the process again but still no email. 

Also, I'll have our IT person check the umbracoLog table.

Jan 18, 2012 @ 19:57
    Tom Fulton

Hi Eric,

I don't think the Send to Publish will actually send an email unless you subscribe to the Notifications for it first.  If you right-click and goto Notifications you can subscribe to emails for certain actions (including Send to Publish)

-Tom

Jan 18, 2012 @ 20:05
    Eric Siebeneck

Right, so I have the Administrator account (my email address) subscribed to receive notifications for the action "Send to Publish". Did I not do it right... or am I missing something?

Jan 18, 2012 @ 20:07
    Tom Fulton

Sorry that sounds right, I misread your previous post :)

Hopefully you might find an error on the umbracoLog that gives you some indication of the problem, or maybe Tim will chime in on whether Contour supports SSL

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft