Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roman 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 16:10
    Roman

Text limit in caption

I just recently purchased a Contour license and I'm making a quiz which has a question as long as this:

You are a volunteer worker in a health clinic, and the patients in the clinic ask for help in deciding what brand of medicine to buy for their ailments. You have decided to make a checklist that they can use in verifying whether or not the statistics used in their advertisement are reliable. How would you know that your checklist is good?

Unfortunately, when I try to save the Contour form, it fails BUT when I try removing more than half of the texts in the question above, the form saves!

Is this a limit that I am not aware of? 

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 09, 2012 @ 09:32

Hi Roman,

Try updating the maxJsonLength

http://geekswithblogs.net/frankw/archive/2008/08/05/how-to-configure-maxjsonlength-in-asp.net-ajax-applications.aspx

Or it could also be that you need to update the caption field on the ufrecord table (so I can store more chars)

• Roman 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 14:57
    Roman

Thanks for the advice Tim.

I tried changing the maxJsonLength and increased the size in web.config but it didnt work.

I am also having a hard time opening .sdf file in SSMS and in both VS 2008 and VS 2010. Is there any other tool you would recommend for me to use to open the sdf file and be able to change the field size of the caption field??

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:14

Hi Roman,

What db engine are you running? if it's sql server you can use sql server management studio to alter the db

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft