Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 11:36
    John C Scott

Processing

I've updated Contour to the latest update zip from the project page.

Still getting a strange problem with getting the results.

If I change the selection to "submitted" on the entries page I get the label "Processing" and this stays there indefinitely (I left it for 2 hours just to see) if I click the Export button in the top left of the screen it outputs all the submitted results. 

Any idea what this could be?

I'm using SQL Server Express 2008 (not R2) (on a different server) / IIS7 on a single web server.

Main problem with this is there is no way to delete or mark entries as approved.

Also if I wanted to create a button to give to the customer to allow them to just download the submitted entries - is there an easy way to do this? Ideally through a very simple dashboard control.

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 08, 2011 @ 11:39

Make sure to clear your browser cache after updating since you might be running older scripts...

For the download a simple way would be to have the export dialog in an iframe on a dashboard control

Dec 08, 2011 @ 12:02
    John C Scott

i like that idea - that works :) thank you 

i'll try and clear the cache and see how that goes

Dec 08, 2011 @ 13:42
    John C Scott

no clearing the cache has not changed the problem

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 08, 2011 @ 13:50

Can you see anything when viewing with firebug, does the export work (in the dialog) ?

• Ted Newman 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 15:19
    Ted Newman

I have the same problem, we have no work flows set up on our fairly simple feedback form, so all entries are automatically approved. When we use this "approved" filter or any other filter, the page shows the "processing" message and never returns the results. Both the Excel and html export work fine. We would like to clear the test data at the root source or we will have to do it for every report it exports.

Umbraco 4.6.1
    Contour 1.1.10

Any ideas gratefully received,

Thanks

• mmmoustache 50 posts 79 karma points
    Aug 28, 2012 @ 16:28
    mmmoustache

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm currently having the same issue and was wondering if any solutions had emerged?

I'm using Umbraco 4.7.0 and have tried all the suggestions in this thread but to no avail; however, I only have the issue on one of my forms (the others are totally fine). It sounds to me like it may have been spammed (as it's a competition) and thus Contour has become non-responsive after a while? Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
    mmmoustache 

• Kristian Ravnevand 94 posts 214 karma points
    Sep 06, 2012 @ 09:04
    Kristian Ravnevand

Hi there, I got this error to. The fix for me was deleting a dll called SQLCE4Umbraco.dll in the bin folder.

You should get a more informativ error if you try to run this site from your umbraco installation: http://your-url-site/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/records.aspx?guid=your-form-guid

• Denford 132 posts 323 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 17:27
    Denford

hi kristian,

thanks for you post sort of helped me a bit when i had the same problem. Basically my site i have a site with a simple contat form with three fields and in the backend it hangs on processing when i try and view the entries saved on the form.

I tried the URL above with my site details and i dont have the dll u mentioned but its complaining about the umbraco.macroengines.legacy which i have read here that it needs removing when you upgrade. When i remove this dll the contour entries and the url works, but then all my ucomponents stuff stops working.So am kind of stuck now since i need both functionality on the site grrrr.

Tim, any help PLEASE

denford

Sep 10, 2012 @ 18:21
    Kristian Ravnevand

Hi denford

If you are using Umbraco 4.8+ with uComponents you should read this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ucomponents/questionssuggestions/33021-Upgrading-to-Umbraco-48-breaks-support-for-uComponents (many of the ucompoents stuff are integrated with umbraco now)

Sep 10, 2012 @ 23:10
    Denford

hi Kristian,

the site i am using is a 4.7.1 site and i belive there was an old version of ucomponents that i unistalled and installed the latest one available from the package repository site/link in the developer section. i will check tomorow when i get to work which version of u components i have installed.

Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:52
    Denford

hi Kristian,

The ucomponets version i have on the site is 4.0.0 do you reckon that bug still affects this site. I am going to upgrade the ucomponent to 4.1.0 and see if that helps.

Denford

Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:11
    Denford

Hi Kristian,

Upgraded ucomponents nut that didnt help so going to find a way round the problem, thanks for that url helped a lot using it otherwise would have had no idea where to start looking.

Denford

Sep 13, 2012 @ 08:50
    Kristian Ravnevand

Hi Denford, sorry the solution didn't solve all your problems.. I do have a 4.7 solution with uCompoenents and Contour installed and working, so it might be an other problem?

Sep 13, 2012 @ 15:44
    Denford

hi kristian,

yes i think the problem has got something to do with the site having being upgraded from an older version as well as bpth contour and ucomponents, unfotunately i cant seem to figure out exactly what it doesnt like or how to get both working. Looks like at the moment i will have to change the links as that seems like an easier solution.

Denford

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft