Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Allen 50 posts 71 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 13:57
    Tom Allen

Uninstalling Contour breaks all of my XSLT macros

I've just installed Contour on my local Umbraco development site, realised it was overkill, uninstalled it, and now all of my pages output 'Error parsing XSLT file' wherever I previously had a perfectly working macro.

I.e. Contour killed my work :(

I could reinstall it and leave it redundant in the backoffice, but that's hardly its designed behaviour.

Here's the stack trace (I get an entry like this for each macro). I'm a website builder, not a low-level .NET developer, so any tips would be very much appreciated.

umbracoMacro InnerExceptionUnable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=1.1.0.25390, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.0.10920.32880, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.0.10920.32880, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=1.1.0.25390, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
      at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__4()
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)
  • Tom Allen 50 posts 71 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 14:10
    Tom Allen

Fixed by removing

/bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll

- is this going to trash things elsewhere, or is this part of Contour alone?

• Henrik Ladefoged 30 posts 100 karma points
    Dec 09, 2013 @ 11:58
    Henrik Ladefoged

This fixed it for me also. I hope Tim sees this

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 16:50
    Tim

Tom, that DLL is just part of Contour, shouldn't trash anything elsewhere!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft