This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mysterious 27 posts 47 karma points
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 11:11
    Mysterious

Macro properties AllowEditing?

Hello,

I read in the Developer docs for contour that is:

AllowEditing:
    Enables the macro to open previously saved records and edit them, by default set to FALSE, expects a boolean value

but I couldn't find any example of how to use this property and I found unanswered question 10 months ago, could you please provide a code snippet?

• Profiterole 232 posts 264 karma points
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 19:20
    Profiterole

Hi, if set to Yes, this propertie allow to edit an existing form entry.

So, if your entry have this ID : f627970b-4a48-4fbe-b8c0-fb0a2bd18a53 for your form on page form.aspx, you could do that :

form.aspx?recordGuid=f627970b-4a48-4fbe-b8c0-fb0a2bd18a53

And edit the entry.

Sep 13, 2011 @ 04:00
    Mysterious

that is great and thank you for the answer but how could I get the record id from xslt, I want the user to be able to click edit link to go the form and edit his post.

Thanks again.

Sep 13, 2011 @ 13:58
    Profiterole

When a user finish a form, contour goes to the "Welcome" page (or the one you choose) and the id is written in the url. So, you could use a querystring get the ID.

Sep 14, 2011 @ 00:33
    Mysterious

Is there any other way, I want to let the members of my site to be able to edit their posts which are products, so I have "description", "Name", "Tags" ...
    can I do it using this AllowEditing parameter?

Sep 14, 2011 @ 01:05
    Profiterole

Their posts are made with Contour? If yes, a post gets a guid, so you the user must know the guid of the post he wants to edit. You can do some xslt to create links to the right guid for the right members.

Your xslt could look for "all post made by this member", then create for-each link "href=form.aspx?guid=blabla".

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft