Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jayanthi 66 posts 86 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:08
    jayanthi

contour installation error

Hi all,

I am using umbraco 4.7 in my local environment  , and made the umbraco setup as a virtual directory  and used it. Everything went fine.

When i tried install contour(1.1).I got an error that it is seraching for installer.ascx in usercontrols folder instead of umbraco\usercontrols folder.Is there any workaround for it?

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:49

Hi,

Yes 1.1 didn't support virtual directories, byt if you install the latest version it should work:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour

• iscg 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 09:48
    iscg

Hi,

I get the same error, even when i download last version. Try to install from repository neither from local package

My umbraco version: 4.7.1

contour version: 1.1.11 nad 1.1.8

System: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Error code : [HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/umbraco/usercontrols/umbracoContour/Installer.ascx' does not exist.]

Seems that instalation proccess cant create directories/files, but i grant full control for pool in IIS

Is there any other way to install contour ?

• Mila 60 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:22
    Mila

I'm also getting the same error

Server Error in '/Umbraco' Application.

The file '/Umbraco/usercontrols/umbracoContour/Installer.ascx' does not exist.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/Umbraco/usercontrols/umbracoContour/Installer.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/Umbraco/usercontrols/umbracoContour/Installer.ascx' does not exist.]
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +11453629
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +203
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +135
       System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) +164
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +904
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +573
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

• Victor 10 posts 61 karma points
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 13:36
    Victor
    Hi,

I have an issue with installing contour, I'm working with Umbraco v6.0.6

previously I had installed umbraco with it's default settings, and I was able to install contour forms.

currently I'm working on umbraco that is installed in an IIS virtual directory. and now that I need to install contour form Umbraco.Pro,

I get an YSOD with a System.IO.FileNotFoundException for Umbraco.Forms.References.dll

I belive this link might have a clue to solving my issue: http://our.umbraco.org/m?mode=topic&id=28174

as it titles "umbraco.forms.reference missing" but the link does not open.

has anyone encountared this issue?

regards,

vic.

Jul 01, 2013 @ 13:37

Hey Vic,

Looks like a file might be missing, could you try a manual install 

Details here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual

Jul 01, 2013 @ 15:12
    Victor

Hi Tim,

I downloaded the contour package and added it through: Developer/Packages/Umbraco package repository/install local package

all seemed fine, but then I got the following conflict:

"Macro Conflicts in the package!

Read more...

This package contains one or more macros which have the same alias as an existing one on your site, based on the Macro Alias.

If you choose to continue your existing macros will be replaced with the ones from this package. If you do not want to overwrite your existing macros you will need to change their alias.

The Macros in question:

• Insert form from Umbraco Contour (Razor) (Alias: umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm)
    • Insert form from Umbraco Contour (Usercontrol) (Alias: umbracoContour.RenderForm)

"

I've proceeded with the instalation as I couldn't find neither  umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm nor umbracoContour.RenderForm,

when I got my exception again: could not load 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.0.10920.32880, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null', file not found ..

looking for a way to solve it..

vic.

Jul 01, 2013 @ 15:15

Can you check if the Umbraco.Forms.References.dll file is in your bin dir

Jul 01, 2013 @ 15:38
    Victor

Hi Tim,

looking at \bin directory, the file is not there

my guess is, Umbraco.Forms.References.dll is being requqested during instalation, when the file is not ready.

on the other hand, I have the following files:

Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.dll
        Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.pdb
        Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll
        Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.dll
        Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.pdb
        Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.dll
        Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.pdb
        Umbraco.Forms.References.dll
        Umbraco.Forms.UI.dll
        Umbraco.Licensing.dll

and the usercontrols:

EditForm.ascx, Installer.ascx, RenderForm.ascx

from my previous contour instalation (with umbraco default settings)

apply the config and database changes as listed in the link you gave me (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual)

then the "instalation"  in theory should work? ;-)

Jul 01, 2013 @ 15:41

Yeah perform a manual install, do an xcopy of the manual install package and the file should be there

Jul 01, 2013 @ 15:41

Some steps might already be done, so just go trough the entire list http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft