Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jayanthi 66 posts 86 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 11:12
    jayanthi

contour form using JQuery

Hi All,

I am new to umbraco contour, I am trying to show the contour form in JQuery modal window and trying to submit the data.

I am successful to populate the form in modal,Can you please put some light how to submit the form to trigger the workflows defined on submit using JQuery, so that i can view the entered data in the entries.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 12:01
    Tim

You just need to click the submit button to submit the form and trigger any attached workflows, so you should just be able to call the click event on the button with jQuery if you want to submit the form using code. Is that what you're after?

Jul 08, 2011 @ 13:16
    jayanthi

Yes,I am trying to fire the event using JQuery and tried using JQuery.Form plugin(ajaxForm,AjaxSubmit) but not successfull in submitting the data,Can you please guide me to achieve this

Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:24
    Tim

If you want to just fire the click event of the button, you can just call $("PUT THE ID OF THE SUBMIT BUTTON HERE").click(); from Javascript.

If you're wanting to submit the form via AJAX, you can't do that out of the box, you might want to look at Sebastian's rather excellent package that DOES allow you to do that: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/cultiv-restcontour using this package you can submit your forms to Contour with REST/AJAX etc.

Hope that helps!

:)

Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:34
    jayanthi

Click event is not doing any thing , workflows are not getting triggered.The page fields are not submitted.Can you please advice on it.

Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:39
    Tim

It sounds like you're trying to use AJAX for the form, which doesn't work (as explained in the last reply). I put a link to a package for umbraco that WILL allow you to do that. If you click on the link, and follow the instructions for the package there, you should be able to do what you want (hopefully)!

Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:56
    jayanthi

Tim, Here is my requirement,I need to populate a form in Jquery daialog and need to fetch few fields , i need to store the page fields as form entries or into database.

For achieving this , I have opted to create a contour form and populated it on dialog, but i got stuck up at saving the entries. as nothing happening once i put the form in JQuery dialog.Apart from ajax,I need help why my form is not getting submitted .The form works fine if it is placed directly into the page ,

Is it possible to submit the form when used in dialog?

I am looking into the package mentioned ,Thank you for that. I am trying for various ways to submit not just using ajax.

Jul 08, 2011 @ 16:24
    Tim

Are you getting the form to appear in a modal style popup? If so, then that is probably the issue. Contour forms don't like being moved around the DOM, and when you do the forms stop working. The way we got round it is to have the form on a separate page and have that opened in an iframe in the popup. This gets round the problem of it not submitting, and also allows you to track how many people opened the form with Google Analytics!

Jul 08, 2011 @ 16:27
    jayanthi

ok...I will try for iframe workaround....Thank you

Jul 12, 2011 @ 12:31
    jayanthi

It worked for me....Thank you Tim :)

• Balram Narad 37 posts 89 karma points
    May 11, 2017 @ 13:51
    Balram Narad

hi Jayanthi

any chance you could post your code as I am trying the same thing but no such luck

thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft