Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• psiho 101 posts 96 karma points
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 16:40
    psiho

wierd closing FORM tag

I just spent 3 hours debugging one contour form in IE7. At the end, problem was one extra </form> tag. Rught at the top of the form, inside page name:

<DIV id=contour class="subscriptionform form">
    <H4 class=contourPageName></form></H4>

What  I did then is... went to back office, changed Page name of the form from blank ("click to edit" text) to some text, saved form and checked page again. Wierd closing tag disappeared.

I went to delete it again in order to confirm bug and report it to you but after deleting page name problem is not existing anymore and i cannot reproduce it. Maybe if i create new form and leave page title empty withotu any editing... will try later.

Anyway, problem is nasty, as because of this IE7 does not submit the form (compatibility mode also) so it is easy to pass unnoticed as not everybody test for IE7 anymore.

• Dennis Milandt 190 posts 517 karma points
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 10:01
    Dennis Milandt

Did you find a solution to this? I have a client with the same problem.

Nov 02, 2011 @ 00:09
    psiho

Well, as I wrote above, problem just went away after I edited Page name of the form, using form designer. I was unable to reproduce the problem after that.

• Dennis Milandt 190 posts 517 karma points
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 00:26
    Dennis Milandt

I see. I missed that part.

So - if you dont enter a name, Umbraco will insert "</form>" instead of the name, inside the h4 tag? :-)

Nov 02, 2011 @ 00:28
    psiho

It seems so, but I was not able to reproduce it. After deleting that same name again and saving it again, problem did not return. Maybe it appears only on new forms with blank names?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 01:00
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I've had this problem to and spent some time figuring out how to reproduce it.  Details are in this thread.

Basically if you change the fieldset's caption, and click Save while you still have focus in the textbox, Contour will save the fieldset's caption as "</form>".  The solution is to make sure you click outside of the fieldset caption textbox before you click save :)

Screencast and details in the above thread.  Hope it gets fixed :)

Hope this helps,
    Tom

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Mar 20, 2013 @ 12:52
    Ben McKean

I'm using Contour V3 and this error is still happening. Hoping it would've been fixed by now.

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 20, 2013 @ 12:57

Added to the issue tracker will be fixed in next maintenance release http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-305

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft