Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• René Poulsen 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 12, 2011 @ 11:06
    René Poulsen

Contour Contrib, Send mail extended problem

Hi,

I just installed the "Contour Contrib" package but I can't really make it do what i want it to do.

What I want to do is to send a mail to an e-mail address provided in one of the form fields. I tried using {email} in the receiver e-mail address field. (My form email field is named "Email"). This is not working - no e-mail is sent.

Then I just wanted to test if it worked at all, so i just entered my own email in the receiver field - and it still doesn't work - no email is sent to me.

Theres not really much documentation around to read. Is there anything else I need to do, other than installing the package? Anything in the web.config or other config files?

Btw. the contour buld-in "Send mail" workflow works fine.

Help will be very much appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance,
    René Poulsen

• René Poulsen 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 16, 2011 @ 18:03
    René Poulsen

Really?! Isn't there anyone out there knowing why this is not working as described?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 16, 2011 @ 18:10
    Tom Fulton

Hi René,

Try checking the umbracoLog table in the Umbraco DB, there is most likely an error explaining what's going on.

My first guess, is that you need to add a key to your web.config under <appSettings>:

<add key="contourContribUseSsl" value="false" />

This was added in a recent version of Contour Contrib, and If I recall there is an exception if you don't have this key defined, whether or not you want to actually use SSL.  Probably should add some error checking to the workflow if this key isn't defined. 

Anyway, try adding that in your web.config and see what happens, otherwise check the umbracoLog table

Hope this helps,
    Tom

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Jun 01, 2011 @ 18:16
    Dan Evans

I have the same problem. I have {email} as the recipient which works fine when the type is "send email" but when it is "send email extended" no email arrives.

• Kalle Ekstrand 181 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:51
    Kalle Ekstrand

I have the same problem. No emails are sent what so ever. I have added the key to web.config but it does not work at all.

Tried to set up two workflow rules, one with traditional send email and one with extended. And the only one that works is the basic one, and does actually send an email. So everything else is set up correct.

Please help!

//Kalle

• Hery 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 14, 2012 @ 06:33
    Hery

Hi Kalle,

Not sure if you solved the problem yet, but I thought to share my finding.

I had same issue, I followed step above without luck.

So then I checked [umbracoLog] table, and I noticed errors "The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.  Parameter name: address"

If you found that errors, then the solustion simply enter email address to "Reply-To" field (in the workflow), and it magically resolve the email sending problem.

Hope this help..

~ hery

• Mirela Budaes 44 posts 94 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 14:44
    Mirela Budaes

Adding the contourContribUseSsl key and an address in Reply-To worked for me. The error I was getting was a generic "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Thanks Tom.

Regards,

Mirela.

• Vishal G.P 62 posts 122 karma points
    May 07, 2012 @ 16:44
    Vishal G.P

Mirela, you are my hero... this worked for me as well.

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Aug 01, 2012 @ 20:05
    Janet Kirklen

Kuddos to Tom.  Adding the following key to web.config fixed the issue I was having where Send Extended Email was not working.

key="contourContribUseSsl"value="false"/>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft