Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duncan Fisher 13 posts 32 karma points
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 16:49
    Duncan Fisher

Umbraco Contour - "No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing"

Hello,

I'm using Contour in Umbraco 4.5.2 and have tried adding custom forms into the rich text editor on any page and what then displays is "No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing". The form I've created (in the Contour section) works fine when I add it to the page template via a Macro with form id, but inserting via the text editor fails!

Can anyone please assist in diagnosing/fixing the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Duncan.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 29, 2011 @ 17:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Duncan

I'm a bit confused about what is the issue here.

Does the form display properly on your page when the macro has been inserted into the RTE field? If yes, then the message you see is probably because the "render content in editor" in the macro settings has not been checked. You can do this in the developer section -> macro - > find your macro and edit the settings. Then you should be able to see the form in the RTE.

Is this what you mean or am I way off? :-)

/Jan

• Doug Mackay 56 posts 155 karma points
    Jan 29, 2011 @ 18:21
    Doug Mackay

I think 'render content in editor' is broken in 4.5.2 (it's been fixed for v4.6)

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 31, 2011 @ 09:15

@Duncan, can confirm what Doug says, if you upgrade your umbraco installation to 4.6.1 it should be fine

Regards,
    Tim

Jan 31, 2011 @ 11:10
    Duncan Fisher

Thanks for the replies, but this issue seems to be more than just not rendering in the editor. I can live with that, but the main problem is that it doesn't render at all on the page when you view it! I would assume in 4.5.2 that although forms don't show in the editor, you can still see them on the page.

Can you advise on a fix for 4.5.2 or would you suggest just upgrading to 4.6.1?

Thanks,

Duncan.

Jan 31, 2011 @ 11:54

@Duncan might be an invalid macro tag then, does it output anything (if you look at the page sourcecode) ?

Jan 31, 2011 @ 12:11
    Duncan Fisher

Here's what I see in the HTML editor:

<p>
    <div umb_macroalias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" umb_formguid="62efdd05-e05e-4d90-ad73-bfb03d1a16f5" ismacro="true" onresizestart="return false;" umbversionid="de894603-8d71-4127-b98a-176c3bfd5edc" umbpageid="1281" title="This is rendered content from macro" class="umbMacroHolder"><!-- startUmbMacro --><span>No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing</span><!-- endUmbMacro --></div>
    </p>

Here's what appears in the rendered page source:

<p><?UMBRACO_MACRO
    formguid="62efdd05-e05e-4d90-ad73-bfb03d1a16f5"
    macroAlias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" />
    </p>

Thanks,

Duncan.

Jan 31, 2011 @ 12:35

Hi Duncan,

And how are you outputting the rte value, it won't work if that's from an xslt macro

Jan 31, 2011 @ 12:47
    Duncan Fisher

It's in the RTE, I click on the "Insert macro" icon then I get an "Edit Insert form from Umbraco Contour" dialog where I can choose from one of the forms I've previously created in Contour. Upon selecting, I then get the HTML in the editor as above. I then publish my page, and no form can be seen in the source.

Apologies if I'm not being clear, but I'm relatively new to Umbraco.

Thanks,

Duncan.

Jan 31, 2011 @ 13:08

Thanks for the details Duncan, can you just check how you are outputting the rte field, so check on the template if you are using an umbraco:item tag or if you are outputting the rte field from a macro

Jan 31, 2011 @ 13:20
    Duncan Fisher

In this case I'm using Linq to Umbraco to get the RTE field as a string.

On my template I have: <%= CurrentPage.IntroText %> where IntroText is a .NET string field (from L2U) that contains the RTE content.

I should add that using <umbraco:Macro runat="server" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" FormGuid="14510fe4-1e26-4694-b817-87cd88ebfc23" /> to output a specific form works fine but ideally I would like the ability for the user to add a form of their choice via RTE rather than hardcoding.

Thanks,

Duncan.

Feb 01, 2011 @ 09:39

Hi Duncan,

Think that is the issue, that the macro doesn't get rendered when you output the rte field with linq2umbraco

I guess you'll need to work around the issue for now and use the umbraco:item tag to output the rte field

• san 30 posts 51 karma points
    Dec 04, 2013 @ 16:51
    san

Hi

Can you please help me

when i am creating Macro to the Content page i get an error "No macro Content available for WYSIWYG editing".

Thanks

Tanya

• Rhychelle Walker 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 15:28
    Rhychelle Walker

i am also getting this issue but cannot see a way in any of our user accounts to edit the macro itself.  the 'render content in rte' checkbox is set to true and i don't know if we can upgrade to a newer version to get around the bug. Any other suggestions? :)

Rhychelle

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft