Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yannick Smits 321 posts 718 karma points
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 13:59
    Yannick Smits

bracket syntax for dictionary item

I'm trying to create a multi-lingual confirmation e-mail but having no luck. The documentation tells me to use bracket syntax but doesn't tell me if there is a bracket syntax for a dictionary item. I've tried:

1: [#Geachte]

2: {#Geachte}

3: [Geachte]

4: #Geachte

But they all just return themselves. Except for number 1 which returns empty!

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 14:34
    Gerty Engrie

It's the first one - i believe they only work in macro parameters though - , do you have a dictionary item with the name "Geachte" ? And does one of your parentnodes has a hostname/language combination on it? :-)

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 14:50
    Rik Helsen

This is how it works in a template:

<umbraco:Item
     field="#contactform.firstname"
     runat="server"></umbraco:Item>

in XSLT:

umbraco.library:GetDictionaryItem('WebTrendsDomain')

square brackets are only involved if you want to pass on dictionary items to a macro or usercontrol as a parameter...

• Yannick Smits 321 posts 718 karma points
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 15:14
    Yannick Smits

hi Gerty and Rik, thanks for the suggestion. I'm talking about contour though (this is the Contour forum).

With some help from Sebastiaan I figured out #Geachte is the correct notation to use inside the Message field of the Contour Send Mail workflow but, here it comes, you're only allowed to use 1 dictionary item. So if you add more text or items it will fail.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 15:18
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yup, if you put a # in there, the rest of the field's content will be seen as the dictionary key. The XSLT transformed e-mail workflow item is more appropriate for this purpose.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft