Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Roberts 13 posts 42 karma points
    Sep 16, 2010 @ 18:22
    Graham Roberts

Error installing Contour on v4.5.1

I am trying to install the latest version contour onto Umbraco 4.5.1 but get the following error message after installation is attempted

Datatype could not be installed +
    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.DataType(Guid DataTypeId) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.get_DataType() at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\Installer.ascx.cs:line 48

I have tried a number of different versions of contour but all give this same error message. Any ideas why?

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 17, 2010 @ 08:58

Hi Graham,

It's only the datatype that couldn't be installed, the rest of contour should be installed and working.

DO you have the contour section now?

• Graham Roberts 13 posts 42 karma points
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 09:50
    Graham Roberts

I have the contour section but I am unable to add fields to any forms or use the example contact forms.

What are the details of the datatype that I am missing, so I can add it manually?

Sep 17, 2010 @ 14:01

Hi Graham,

Do you remember what version you installed latest? Since you'll need version 1.0.12 or higher if you are running it on umbraco 4.5

• Dan Okkels Brendstrup 101 posts 197 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 16:31
    Dan Okkels Brendstrup

I'm getting the same error installing v1.1.6 via the package repository on Umbraco 4.7.0. Could it perhaps have something to do with the fact that the installer is referencing a file on a non-existing d: drive?

Apr 12, 2011 @ 16:35

@Dan and do you have the datatype?

Contour section should perform fine it seems like it only fails adding the datatype

Apr 12, 2011 @ 16:44
    Dan Okkels Brendstrup

Nope, there is nothing under Developer > Data Types called Form Picker. If that is missing, which parts of Contour will not work?

Apr 12, 2011 @ 17:01

Well it's basicly just the datatype that is missing so won't have any impact on the Contour section.

And if you create a new datatype can you choose "form picker" as a render control?

Cheers,
    Tim

Apr 13, 2011 @ 09:33
    Dan Okkels Brendstrup

Yes, I can in fact choose Form Picker as a render control, and it appears to work fine.

So I guess all that is missing from the installation is the automatic creation of a Data Type based on that render control? Not a biggie, then.

Apr 13, 2011 @ 10:58

Yup that's correct, so indeed not a biggie since you can create it manually with a couple of clicks

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 13:56
    Jesper Ordrup

Just received the same error on an Umbraco version 4.11.4 today.

Created the datatype and it seems to work. All ok or am I missing something. 

best
    Jesper 

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 14:23
    Claushingebjerg

Same thing here on v 6

And the link to install documents return a 404

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 17:27
    Simon steed

Same as Claus and still get the 404

Please Sign in or register to post replies