Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Murrell 15 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 22:13
    Simon Murrell

ReCaptcha

Hello

I downloaded ReCaptcha and copied the UmbracoContour.FieldTypes.ReCaptcha.dll and Recaptcha.dll files to the bin folder. I also copied the recaptcha-example file to the Umbraco deployment as well. However the ReCaptcha data type is not appearing in the form which I am setting up in Contour. What have a done wrong or what do I still have to do so I can add a ReCaptcha field to my Contour form?

Regards,

Simon

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 01, 2010 @ 15:29
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Check out page 10 of the Contour developer documentation that describes how you can add a new field type.

Aug 01, 2010 @ 18:22
    Simon Murrell

Hello Sebastiaan

The ReCaptcha control has already been written so I don't understand how this information on writing a new control will help me.

I am looking for information on how to install it so it shows up properly.

Regards,

Simon

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 01, 2010 @ 19:17
    Sebastiaan Janssen

As far as I know, the recaptcha control is not included in Contour, that's why I pointed you to the documentation on how to create a field type for Contour. :-)

Aug 01, 2010 @ 22:02
    Simon Murrell

Sorry I am referring to the ReCaptcha control which was mentioned in the other forum post.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 12:12
    Tim

Hi Simon,

Are you still having problems with this? I ran into something similar a while ago, as long as both dlls are in place, it should just get picked up. If it's running on IIS, you could try restarting the website to kill the app and see if that refreshes is.

Aug 04, 2010 @ 12:27
    Simon Murrell

It worked on 1.0.9 but when I uninstalled and re-installed 1.0.12 it stopped working. I will try again and see what happens.

Aug 04, 2010 @ 15:47
    Tim

Ahhh. In the project for the DLL, update the references to use the latest Contour DLLs, and rebuild, it might be that a method has been re-named, there were some changes made a while back where some methods were renamed. If you get build errors, you'll know that's the issue!

Aug 04, 2010 @ 23:18
    Simon Murrell

Hello Tim

I tried this before but I will always try something again. Copied the Dlls again and recompiled but still nothing. Don't know what else to try. Can't the next version have this as a standard feature?

Regards,

Simon

Aug 05, 2010 @ 12:47
    Tim

It would be cool to have that as a standard feature! Hopefully either Per or Tim G is reading this.

:)

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 05:35
    Atoosa Khoda

I think you're not copying the .dll file, i had the same problem, make sure you copy the Recapthca.dll and not the other file with the same name. there's another file i think it's db file with the same name, i was copying that file instead of the dll file, that's why the datatype didn't appear for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft